Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ever use a babysitter service for race location?
Quote | Reply
Going down to Charleston, SC for the half ironman on April 29th. Got two kids, the 2yo will be at grandparents but 7 yo will come with us. Its close to wife's birthday so I wanted to do something special either Friday night or Sat. night without the child and am interested in finding a babysitter. Found some online services that can place a sitter that are reasonable but you have to become a member, pay a $50 member fee, pay a $10 agency fee, then hourly rate. I don't really want to become a member.

Has anyone ever used any of the Online services for locations away from your home?

Have any recomendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Ever use a babysitter service for race location? [TriFortMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are staying at a nice hotel, they sometimes have babysitter services. I would go that route. Another thing I have done is call Job Placement at a local university. Sometimes you can get an early childhood education major that will do an excellent job, be reasonable and trustworthy. Of course, it would also depend on whether or not your child is comfortable in a different setting with someone new. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Ever use a babysitter service for race location? [TriFortMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I'm curious- how'd this turn out?

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: Ever use a babysitter service for race location? [sdtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We left the 2yo with grandparents and brought 7yo with us and had a great time. He only complained a little while shopping in downtown and one of his classmates was down (dad racing) and they had a great time playing during the whole race.
Quote Reply