Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Eve of my 1st race in 3 years
Quote | Reply
So my 1st race in 3 years is tomorrow morning. In fact it is the exact same race I did 3 years ago prior to taking a break from racing all together. There are a lot of reasons why I took the break I did and on this eve of getting back into the game, I have a lot of feelings flowing through me. I'm excited to put my wetsuit on and hit the river (that is assuming I can actually fit into it; I tried it on tonight and WOW….being 15 pounds heavier makes a HUGE difference, oh well), I'm excited for the adrenaline rush as I exit the water and start making my way towards my MB, I'm excited to hear my little girls cheer their mommy on, I’m excited to leave the transition area into the quietness of my mind as I start my ride, I’m excited to RUN….to push myself during the last leg of the race….to find out just what is left.

With all of this said, I’m grossly under-trained, despite it being a sprint triathlon, (confession – the last time I actually swam was in this same race 3 years ago…eeek) so it could very well become a suffer-fest for me. There are many possibilities, I could age group award (minimal chance but there is always the chance), I could also finish last…..I’m sitting here trying to remember and focus in on what AndyPants just wrote in another thread just moments ago.

“It's hard. I do know that. But some of the things triathlon has taught me is to accept my limitations, to strive to improve myself, to be realistic, that everyone's goals and achievements stand alone”.

As I compete, I just want to enjoy it….I want a smile to be on my face, despite where I am in the mix of competition. I want my mind to drift into the heart of what being able to participate in this sport really means….It’s HARD, it’s GOOD, and its FUN!!

Quote | Reply
You can do it. I did my first race in 3 yrs earlier this year. I was sooooo nervous I thought I would chuck on the pool deck before the start. Yeah I was slower, yeah I was (still am) fatter, and have a long way to do. But I did far better than I expected (heck I beat Khai LOL that's all that mattered). Since then I have lost a bit of weight, and picked up the volume a bit, and am still nervous but don't care as much.

I was just showing K my pics from IMWA, man I was skinny and fit then. I feel sometimes sad that I'm not that person anymore, but I know I can achieve completing an IM (and in decent time too), so I can achieve anything similar.

I want a RR when you are done young lady. With reports of lots of good things. Have fun. Smile and thank all the volunteers.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Eve of my 1st race in 3 years [wolffpack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:)

Quote | Reply
You're gonna do awesome no matter how you do.

Just as long as you DO.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Eve of my 1st race in 3 years [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You're gonna do awesome no matter how you do.

Just as long as you DO.

What Khai said.....

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are going to have a great time. You'll have to give us the full deets, including pictures!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 What Khai and clm said!
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Quote Reply