Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Emilio - Mass Market your DeSoto Tri shorts!!!
Quote | Reply
So, this morning I picked out a sweater-dress for work & dinner afterwards. Dress is perhaps not the most appropriate word b/c it probably falls halfway b/w the hip and knee...too long for a shirt, a tad short for a dress on a windy day. I tried it on with leggings and tights, but those looked, mmm, dowdy. As I was about to give up and find a new top, I thought of my DeSoto Carrerra lowrise tri shorts.

PERFECT!

They are short enough to not show out the bottom of the dress...long enough that if the wind does blow the dress up, it is quite obvious that I am not flashing everyone.

And, I've got to say, these work better under a dress than any Spanx or Spanx-alternative brand out there! Totally eliminates any backside jiggle, the chamois pad makes the back look just a bit rounder (a nice touch since I'm literally running my butt off), they are holding my backside up like a pushup bra, and it is even holding in my stomach perfectly flat (even after lunch)! Also, the waist bands on typical shaper products always roll down and look/feel terrible...but not my DeSoto's! And best of all, they are just as comfortable under a dress as when you are working out or racing.

Maybe a modification or two (the typical woman probaby has no desire to pad her butt)...and you've got a product to market to 50% of the population! You could license your design to current women's wear manufacturers or even create a whole line of undergarments for women...slips, leggings, tights, pantyhose, shapers...thin the fabric/construction a bit and it could fit under pants too! Women pay big bucks to hold everything in...and I don't think anything else out there even comes close to comfortable!

Oh, and umm, if you do this...can I be your US sales & marketing rep? :-)

Anyway, love your products!
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio - Mass Market your DeSoto Tri shorts!!! [remaven] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This post is awesome :) That's totally something I'd do.

I purposely got black compression socks so I can wear them with my work pants :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio said to tell you that he has read your message and will respond, but can't do so for a few days or more.

What a great idea!!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny as my BF was just commenting that my new black spanx are esentially compression shorts and that I sould race in them. Umm, no. But really they're the same sort of thing. I love the spanx!
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio - Mass Market your DeSoto Tri shorts!!! [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This post is awesome :) That's totally something I'd do.

I purposely got black compression socks so I can wear them with my work pants :)
That's funny...b/c the socks thing is totally something I'd do!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this post. It would blow you away how many women I have made this suggestion to. The first female I suggested it to was my 14 year-old niece. She and all her gf's wear them under those rediculously short miniskirts. As a freshman now in high and playing on the JV Volleyball team, and guess what? The entire team wears them as part of their uniform.

As for mass marketing them, I have been there with selling an activewear line to the Nordstrom and Macy's of the world and they are royal pain in the ass to have a customers. They never want what you show them, but instead they want you to change something (you see most women's apparel buyers at these large stores are frustrated designers) that does not need to be changed, the demand a wholesale price that is too low (my stuff is made in the USA out of Italian fabrics, not in Asia), or they require too much other BS to make it worth my while.

But if you feel otherwise and if you want to go through the hoops to mass market these, I will pay you a nice commission for every account you land that does not make me ruin the brand identity I have established in the sport of triathlon.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio - Mass Market your DeSoto Tri shorts!!! [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, sounds like that's how Champion became C9 at Target...Champion wanted the biz but not necessarily the 100% association.

Department stores are good for shoes, bags, and costume jewelry. Everything else, eh.

What about more like a Victoria's Secret? They do sell other brand names in their catalog and on their web site. Even, Intimissimi, another brand of lingerie. I suppose could be owned by VS or vice versa, but they don't seem to be promoting it that way. http://www2.victoriassecret.com/...NTZZZ&rfnbr=4757
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would sell my company to VS for the right price .)

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that right price $ or VS models? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about just pulling the pad out of the tri shorts? I'm a runner and always looking for great compression shorts but can't run with the bike pad because of chafing at long distances. The back pockets rock too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio - Mass Market your DeSoto Tri shorts!!! [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you should try our Women's Forza Tri Short or Carrera Tri Short. You will not even notice the little thin pad...it is not a big thick bike pad. Guaranteed or your money back.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What gets me is the seam outlining the pad, not the pad itself. I've gotten the pattern from the seam etched into my ass, from other brands, and it hurts!

I'm talking marathon + distances so I'm out there for a while :-)

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've run in my Micro Tri Shorts (with pad) for 20 mile runs with no problems at all. The pad is so thin and the seam so small that it has caused no problems at all.

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What gets me is the seam outlining the pad, not the pad itself. I've gotten the pattern from the seam etched into my ass, from other brands, and it hurts!

I'm talking marathon + distances so I'm out there for a while :-)
The operative words you wrote are: "from other brands." Try mine....satisfaction guaranteed. What more can I say?

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Deal!

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI - the regular length tri shorts are on SALE right now! $42.00.
I just ordered a new pair and am tempted to call and ask for a second pair to be added to my order.
Quote Reply