Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
East Coast Ladies of Slowtwitch Training Weekend **UPDATED 3/5/08 **
Quote | Reply
In the roll call thread, TriKat asked if there was an east coast edition of the ladies training weekend. We haven't had one so far, but if there's interest with enough of us then we can set one up. I think the earliest we could set this up is some time this fall.

So, if you'd be interested, let me know the following:

Where are you located
How far would you be willing to travel
Suggestions for locations
Suggestions for timing

Thanks!
Last edited by: DawnT: Mar 5, 08 9:05
Quote Reply
Re: East Coast Ladies of Slowtwitch Training Weekend [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you located Toronto

How far would you be willing to travel Anywhere I can fly/drive to easily

Suggestions for locations New York State in the Shawangunks (location of SOS and American Zofingen)

Suggestions for timing between September and October
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TOTALLY interested:

Where are you located Boston
How far would you be willing to travel preferably where I can drive but if not too bad a flight would do that too
Suggestions for locations Vermont or the Berkshires
Suggestions for timing fall - though would happily plan for an earlier one - I think we would get better pricing....after labor day

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm definitely interested, and if need be, I'd be happy to help organize!

How far to travel: within driving distance, though I've been known to drive down to Augusta, GA for a rowing weekend ...
Suggestions for locations: Something fairly central and convenient -- depending on who's interested and where they're located, maybe central NC (e.g., Winston-Salem) or Charlottesville, or maybe Pennsylvania. Much farther north, and I get my states confused, so I'm no help up that way!
Timing: It'd be cool if we could time it around a racing weekend, maybe find a race that is hosting both a sprint and a 1/2. Setup is running a half, Oly, and a sprint at Patriots (9/6-7 in Williamsburg, VA). But I'd be up anything!

I hope we can get this off the ground. And then the Easties and the Westies can meet in the middle of the country for a Ladies of Slowtwitch convention!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sigh... Times like this I really hate my job. I can't commit to stuff like this because I honestly have no idea where in the world I'll be working in the fall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you located: Georgia
How far would you be willing to travel: Somewhere drivable would be best
Suggestions for locations: Right now all I can think about is somewhere warm!!!!!
Suggestions for timing: Anytime

http://www.rdsupplier.com "making race directing easier"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes yes yes! i can drive anywhere east of the mississippi, i have places in Cleveland and central Florida. Doing 1/2 IMs in May and Sept with a full in Nov., anytime that would fit into the training program would be just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This sounds like fun!
I'm in ATL.
Short plane ride or a drive
I'm open to suggestions for location and timing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you located Nashville

How far would you be willing to travel 500 miles

Suggestions for locations Boone, NC

Suggestions for timing Sept.-early Oct.
Quote Reply
Re: East Coast Ladies of Slowtwitch Training Weekend [reensander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ooohhhhhh ... I LOVE Boone! I spent a summer there just before college and had a fabulous time! The chocolate malts at the ASU student union are (were) astonishing! The trouble with Boone, though, is it's kind of hard to get to. I guess you'd fly into, where, Greensboro?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you located: Pittsburgh
How far would you be willing to travel: Mid-Atlantic region?
Suggestions for locations: Pittsburgh! :) Or DC/Baltimore/Philly... somewhere in the Eastern Corridor
Suggestions for timing: ??? Late summer/early fall?

-Sarah

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in Indiana. I'd go if the weekend met my schedule. I'd drive up to 8 hours.

I've done mtb training weekends with my girlfriends. We drive to a state park somewhere and camp and ride all day long. Its so much fun. And cheap (camping).

State parks are also great for road riding camps, you have the camping option, sometimes large cabins, and you are usually out in the country side where traffic on roads is low. Almost always trails to run on, and often a lake to swim in.

Cheryl
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it were near DC or NYC, I'd seriously look into doing some schedule arranging......

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: East Coast Ladies of Slowtwitch Training Weekend [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be very interested in this! Being newer to all that is tri, it would be great to meet people. Especially if in the fall, so I can realistically consider attending, depending on recovery (femoral neck stress fracture)

Where are you located NYC

How far would you be willing to travel Anywhere I can drive to easily (or even better, get a ride :)

Suggestions for locations Love the idea of upstate New York State (SOS is a dream race)

Suggestions for timing between September and October- as late as possible!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
home is boston, and college where i am graduating is ohio, so i will likely be in one of those places, and am willing to travel anywhere east of ohio for the weekend. i can only go after the beginning of may though...i hope we can pull this off!

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you located - Ottawa
How far would you be willing to travel - driving distance with a car pool mate or a cheap flight from Ottawa :)
Suggestions for locations - Upstate NY, Lake Placid - we can train on the IM course :)
Suggestions for timing - Septemberish, especially if we have a warm Indian Summer
Quote Reply
Re: East Coast Ladies of Slowtwitch Training Weekend [Rika] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah i'd echo the upstate new york/lake placid area idea. i bet that would be pretty central for a lot of people in NY, new england, canada and the midwest/midatlantic.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, I posted this idea much earlier in the roll call thread....

How about somewhere in the Poconos? Not too far from NYC and Philly airports. Or somewhere up near Harriman State Park--also close to all the NYC airports and great for bike riding. August or mid Oct would work for me. September definitely wouldn't. Especially not the weekend of the 21st!

Vermont, Maine, or NH would be nice but hard for a lot of people to get to.

I'd also love to go anywhere in NC since I used to live there. Somewhere in the Southest would be good if we did it in Nov.
Last edited by: njtrigirl: Feb 8, 08 15:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great idea!!

Where are you located Rochester (Upstate NY)
How far would you be willing to travel Anyplace within driving distance
Suggestions for locations Lake Placid or the Berkshires, both previously suggested
Suggestions for timing Fall is fine, as long as it doesn't conflict with my current race schedule.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic idea!! Barring work complications, I am in.

Where are you located: Boston
How far would you be willing to travel: up to 8 hours driving, or reasonable flight
Suggestions for locations: upstate NY, western Mass (Berkshires), have heard NC has lots to offer too
Suggestions for timing: mid-Sept-late Oct.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like fun! I'd echo the upstate New York area - Lake Placid or the Catskills, but I'm biased since I live here.

Where are you located - Long Island
How far would you be willing to travel - A few hours drive. Probably wouldn't fly - especially with my bike
Suggestions for locations - Lake Placid - beautiful area, great training and tons of things for the fam to do if they come too.
Suggestions for timing - Anytime after IMLP works for me.

Quote Reply
Re: East Coast Ladies of Slowtwitch Training Weekend [TriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you located - Central NJ
How far would you be willing to travel -
A few hours drive. Probably wouldn't fly - especially with my bike
Suggestions for locations -
Fall in the East opens up many possibilities. The Hudson Valley(NY), Eastern PA (just outside Philadelphia), NC (perhaps near B2B Iron distance race course?), it snows in October in Lake Placid regularly
Suggestions for timing - mid September, October

member CupCake Cartel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
    I also second the Shawangunks but live close so I am biased. However, that area has it all. Beautiful , clean lakes, varied riding terrain.

member CupCake Cartel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ain't no east coaster, but heck, I'd totally be up for this.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TOTALLY interested:

Where are you located Southern Maine just 1 hour north of Boston
How far would you be willing to travel preferably where I can drive but if not too bad a flight would do that too
Suggestions for locations Acadia National Park, Maine; Berkshires; or Lake Placid
Suggestions for timing fall, I am the RD for Pumpkinman (Maine's First Half) so it definately needs to be in the fall....maybe October

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next