Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

East Coast Ladies of Slowtwitch Training Weekend **NEW**
Quote | Reply
Sorry for organizing this so late, but I'm in the process of booking a house for an east coast Ladies of Slowtwitch training weekend. The only weekend that I could do it is during the weekend of American Zofingen. All my other weekends are booked this fall, so I've decided to take the chance that some of you can make it and are interested in getting together. I realize that this isn't going to work for everyone, but I'm hoping at least someone will come to my party. :)

When: October 8 to 13, 2008

Where: Either Accord or High Falls, New York
- both of these houses are near New Paltz, New York which is the location of American Zofingen. Here are the links to the houses I found on VRBO:

http://www.vrbo.com/190682

http://www.vrbo.com/109077

I'm trying to get in touch with the lady who rents the first one above, but she's out of town. She's already called me back to tell me she's out of town and that the place is available. The second one is definitely available, so that's my backup (that one doesn't have a gas grill, sleeps less people, has less beds and is more expensive).

Cost: $75/night
- This includes a bed (might have to share a bedroom, but I'll do my best to get everyone their own bed; it might be an air mattress however), food and wine. I'll get groceries and everyone can make their own breakfast and lunch. Then, I'll make a big dinner each night that we can all share. I'll try to be as good a hostess as Monty is when we have the Ladies of Slowtwitch weekends out in Xantusia.

I've never been to this area, but from everything I've read it sounds beautiful and will be a great place to do some bike riding and trail running (or just drink some wine and watch the fall foliage). I'll also look into pools for anyone wanting to get in some swimming. The American Zofingen race is Sunday, so you can watch, volunteer or race, if you want. I'm going to try to get a big Slowtwitch dinner organized Saturday night, so the guys can come by and meet everyone too.

I've been to all three training weekends at Xantusia and they've been so much fun. I really encourage anyone who can get there to come and meet your fellow ST Womens.

A couple more points:
- I'm taking a risk with this rental that at least some of you are interested in coming. If not, I'll be stuck with the entire rental by myself and I'll have a pity party for myself and cry that I have no friends. :) I came up with the $75/night out of the blue. I'm not looking to make money on this venture. If enough people come and the food and rental is covered, then the cost per night will be reduced.
- If anyone is interested in coming, but can't afford the $75/night, please PM me. I don't want to exclude you. I'd be more than willing to eat the cost if it means you'll come out and play. This is particularly true for any female racers doing American Zofingen who don't have a place to stay.

So, post here if you're interested or have any questions. You can also PM me if you wish.
Quote Reply
Re: East Coast Ladies of Slowtwitch Training Weekend **NEW** [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I could be convinced... and even to do the short course at AZ... ;-) Let me check my sked.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: East Coast Ladies of Slowtwitch Training Weekend **NEW** [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boston half marathon is the 12th :-(

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Re: East Coast Ladies of Slowtwitch Training Weekend **NEW** [CatIsTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you really are getting into longer stuff, after the Mooseman-on-a-whim run!

I have fall break from Oct 6-9, I might be able to come up for a couple days.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer, I have Chicago marathon that weekend. Hopefully next year east coast ladies!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This sounds great Dawn!!! I hope so many womens want to do it you're scrambling to find rooms/beds for all. :-)

I actually have a job that weekend - acting in a play at a theatre about two hours away - so wouldn't be able to come to the whole thing but could probably make it once or twice for something workout related or fun related. I'll be staying somewhere kind of mid-way between the theater and New Paltz, so would not be able to or need to even stay in the house you're renting unfortunately. :-( But on the other hand it's great to actually be PAID to do theatre! :-)

The area is BEAUTIFUL and there are TONS of things to do. I really hope it works out and I am able to come and meet some of you all.

Mindy
Quote Reply
Re: East Coast Ladies of Slowtwitch Training Weekend **NEW** [minniepearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm racing Sunday, so I won't be doing all that much workout wise. I'll plan to ride on Thursday and maybe a trail run on Friday. I'll organize a few other workouts depending on who's coming. I'll post a schedule of what we're planning to do when we're closer to the date. Hope you can make it out to some of them. Not sure what the dates are of your play, but we'll be doing a Slowtwitch carbo load dinner on Saturday night for all ST'ers in the area. Several of the guys who are doing AmZof will be dropping in as well. It would be great if you could be there for that, but work comes first! Pretty exciting about the play! Congrats on that!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I could fly in Wed or Thurs, and do the short course AZ with Parke. I'd have to fly home on Monday for sure. PS I love to cook ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: East Coast Ladies of Slowtwitch Training Weekend **NEW** [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be so great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am totally impressed with all doing the Am Zof race!! Probably can't even go to watch or volunteer due to my work that weekend unfortunately... But definitely can come to New Paltz for a bit on Friday, and/or Monday and/or Saturday (but not Sat. eve, too bad). Whether that involves training or just hanging doesn't matter, I am simply looking forward to meeting some of the fabulous ST gals. (and guys if any are around). Haha maybe hanging out might be preferable, but whatever happens I'll be there for some of it! (And Dawn, thanks for the congrats re my theatre job, I am pretty happy about it.) Lastly I can probably bring some yummy local produce or cheese or something...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is anyone else from Maine maybe going to this?

There is no way I can go to NY all by myself. I will get lost. It's a good thing I live on an island, honestly, if you get lost there eventually you hit ocean. I have no navigational sense.

And I'd love to carpool or travel with someone.

So if anyone else from Maine is going please let me know!!!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump. Anyone else interested in this? We only have 4 people so far (including me). I will most likely have to open this up to the Mens of Slowtwitch as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would normally be in, but I'm making the trip to Kona that weekend.

Quote | Reply
Yep, looks like the timing is bad for many folks, but that's the only weekend I can do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump-a-dee-bump-bump. I'm in, just trying to book flights to White Plains or Albany (can't get into Newburgh easily from Vancouver it seems - at leat not on Thurs the 9th). Anyone else flying in? Which airport? What dates? Maybe we can do some co-ordinating.

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: East Coast Ladies of Slowtwitch Training Weekend **NEW** [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK flights booked. Arriving late Wed, leaving early Monday. Now to register for AmZof! ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply