Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Earrings while racing? r/o
Quote | Reply
I've noticed that a lot of women, including pros, wear earrings during a triathlon. I remember Lori Bowden used to wear pretty good sized hoops even.

I would be afraid that they would fall out, esp during the swim.

Just wanted to see if I'm the only one? Anyone regularly wearing your jewelry racing? Am I missing out on a great opportunity to accessorize my trisuit? *jk*
Quote Reply
Re: Earrings while racing? r/o [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have opal earrlings that never come out of my ears and have had no issue racing with them. I do take my ring off since it's a little loose and I'd not want to lose it in the swim.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear small hoops while racing with no worries.
Quote Reply
Re: Earrings while racing? r/o [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2 except mine are pearls.

They stay in for swim team, inside an aero helmet, and hopefully, don't get snagged in my hair when I run.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yup I have some cool silver stud earrings (not very expensive so if I lose not a big deal )that I wear all the time racing or swimming and I wear my wedding band as well. No problem either

COtrimom

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep all my piercings in but take off my wedding ring (my fingers swell up if I get too hot).
Quote Reply
Re: Earrings while racing? r/o [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i take my rings/bracelet/watch off, but race with all the metal you see here (plus all you don't see):

too much of a pain in the ass to take it all out and have to put it all back later. personal choice.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Opposite end of the spectrum here... I take off all of my jewelry, except for my MedicAlert bracelet, which can barely be considered jewelry. I don't want to have to worry about my earrings snagging or losing my wedding ring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My criteria is 'would I wear this for a water polo game?' which is what many open water swims end up resembling. So nothing that someone else could catch a finger or hand in- no hoop earrings, necklaces, or bracelets.
Quote Reply