Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dumb shit that guys say...
Quote | Reply
So, Womens, it appears that there Is a need--and want--for a thread dedicated to the stupid shit guys say. It can be something just generally stupid or some stupid pick up attempt. Let's hear em!

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is going to be great! I'm sure I'll have a new one by this weekend :)

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"I will love you forever...unconditionally".

Dumbest thing I ever said to a woman. :-)
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Jan 3, 13 17:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Can I be your second boyfriend?"

I said no.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My ex-boyfriend went away for three weeks and when he returned he told me that I "looked less fat" than when he left.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was walking down the street in LoDo Denver when a guy comes running up to me and opens with "Are you afraid to talk to strangers?"

Me: No, not normally
Him: I saw you and I just had to run to catch up to you to meet you. You want to get coffee?
Me: My husband doesn't like me having coffee with other men, but thanks for asking (said with a smile)

At that point he got huffy and wanted to know why I wasn't wearing a wedding ring... which I explained was really none of his business (I don't wear one because I have RA and it's too hard to get it on/off when I ride my horse.) Now keep in mind, this guy looked like Mario Batali and was puffing and sweating from jogging 1 block to catch me. Overall, an odd encounter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hubby as he picks me out in a crowd from behind (after my first half marathon) "I would recognize that waddle anywhere."

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in "transition" in labor with my first child, I had no drugs on board, had just puked, and my husband said, "You're doing fine."

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a great thread. A friend once hit on a woman by introducing himself and asking "Do you like to do things?" She said "what sort of things?" He says "Just things." Ha ha....I was embarrassed for my gender.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad to see that there are some men reading this! Mens, please feel free to post the dumb shit you've said and dumb shit your friends have said. This could get good ;)

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just remembered this little gem from a few years ago. I was in the weight room at the gym and I asked this guy if I could work in on an incline bench (there weren't any others available). So after my first set of flys, I went to go on to my next thing and he said, "You look like you could beat me up, and I think I like that." WTF? Didn't do any more sets of fly that day.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Mens, please feel free to post the dumb shit you've said "

I met my (2nd) wife at a scuba diving social. I was divorced and my girlfriend of two years had broken up with me several months earlier so I was a bit of a sad case. A (male) friend of mine had been trying to set me up with the gal who would later become wife #2. I had never met her and at his urging, went over and introduced myself. Unfortunately I had a few drinks by this time. The conversation seemed a bit flat and as she was leaving said to me "we should go for a dive sometime". To which, like an idiot, I replied "Hey baby, I could dive on you any time".

The next day my friend called me up and told me that I should ask her out for a date. I wasn't so sure and told him that she must think I'm a total A-hole for what I said. He responded "well that too, but I think she also really likes you, so give her a call". I did and the rest is history.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*hand smacking forehead* OMFG, no you didn't say that! Wow. The fact that she even spoke to you after that is to her credit (and I guess, in a weird way, yours too). Guys, if you're reading this, DO NOT SAY THAT!

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"no you didn't say that!"

Yes I did. Duh. What was I thinking, but hey, it got me a date.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
"no you didn't say that!"

Yes I did. Duh. What was I thinking, but hey, it got me a date.

No, no, no. You got the date in spite of saying that. :)

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess I must be irrestable to the opposite sex. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I teach fitness classes and when I left my old gym because I was moving, a participant (guy, of course) came up to me after class.

He wished me good luck and told me 'You really lost weight over the years. When you first started here, you were so fat it was a joke.'

Um, I had lost about 20 pounds over 3 years, yes, but still! Sadly, he thought he was paying me a compliment.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's sort of like "You look pretty good for your age". Give a compliment and take it away at the same time.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elsa wrote:
I teach fitness classes and when I left my old gym because I was moving, a participant (guy, of course) came up to me after class.

He wished me good luck and told me 'You really lost weight over the years. When you first started here, you were so fat it was a joke.'

Um, I had lost about 20 pounds over 3 years, yes, but still! Sadly, he thought he was paying me a compliment.

Wow. Yeah, any guy fucktarded enough to refer to a woman's weight in a conversation with said woman is a sterilization candidate. There is no excuse for being both that dumb and that rude.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"well, you're no oil painting, but neither am i so that's ok i guess"... Ex-boyfriend... you should have seen him squirming to get his foot out of his mouth after that one....needless to say, after a series of similar gaffs, I'm far happier single now (with healthier self esteem funnily enough)! LOL
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [noodlecat77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol. I particularly like how he specified the medium. Awesome. I mean, maybe you're a pastel and he's a watercolor. WTF? Glad to hear you're happy and single!

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha.. yes, this is the same ex, who after my 2nd Ironman comp (he didn't see the first one) said at the conclusion of the race, "can we go home pretty soon because i'm really tired, it's been a really long day". umm, yah! hard day sitting in the car, playing on his phone, snoozing, occasionally cheering me on... NFI. but at least he has given me some entertaining stories to recount!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy balls! That's my favorite so far. Please tell me you dumped his ass after ingesting some fluids, yummy salty food, a shower and a nice long sleep.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that is really funny. LOL!! Even I couldn't come up with something that stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that i did! :P
Quote Reply

Prev Next