Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does fit women have less pregnancy signs?
Quote | Reply
Do you you think that if you are in very good shape and very healthy pre pregnancy you feel less pregnancy signs? I'm first trimester and other than boobs definitely bigger i'm having none of the other symptoms - i still wake up every mroning full of beans - especially as i've cut back the training volume! Just wondered if everyone else has this theory?
Quote Reply
Re: Does fit women have less pregnancy signs? [BikeBeast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think there is rhyme or reason to it. I am 8 weeks and have NyQuil-like tiredness and sore boobs but absolutely no nausea or vomitting (thank GOD!). My girlfriend who is a consistent top AG at IM and 1/2 IM has to routinely go into the hospital for IV fluids because she has hyperemesis gravidum (severe vomitting)....and this is her 2nd kid, same thing happened with her first. My other marathon running friend had the nausea AND then PUPS (horrifically itchy rash/welts that covered her body from chest down). Yet another friend who was a pro at the time of her pregnancy had absolutly no problems, easy delivery, and the best infant I had ever heard of (the kid was sleeping 9 hours a night by the time she was 4-5 months old).

All I know for sure is that scientifically, an athlete will have an easier labor and delivery, significantly less chance of those fat chick complications like Gestational Diabetes and hypertension. Unless of course you pack on 75 pounds. Which isn't likely.
Quote Reply
Re: Does fit women have less pregnancy signs? [nola swmr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, this is very interesting and informative.

How soon are you planning to get back into racing post pregnancy? You are only a couple of weeks ahead of me. I know this is terrible, but i can't help plotting how i'm going to get back to kona post baby:).
Quote Reply
Re: Does fit women have less pregnancy signs? [nola swmr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't think there is rhyme or reason to it. I am 8 weeks and have NyQuil-like tiredness and sore boobs but absolutely no nausea or vomitting (thank GOD!). My girlfriend who is a consistent top AG at IM and 1/2 IM has to routinely go into the hospital for IV fluids because she has hyperemesis gravidum (severe vomitting)....and this is her 2nd kid, same thing happened with her first. My other marathon running friend had the nausea AND then PUPS (horrifically itchy rash/welts that covered her body from chest down). Yet another friend who was a pro at the time of her pregnancy had absolutly no problems, easy delivery, and the best infant I had ever heard of (the kid was sleeping 9 hours a night by the time she was 4-5 months old).

All I know for sure is that scientifically, an athlete will have an easier labor and delivery, significantly less chance of those fat chick complications like Gestational Diabetes and hypertension. Unless of course you pack on 75 pounds. Which isn't likely.
I am agree with nola.. I also think so..I also don't think there is rhyme or reason to it.

Natural cure for yeast infections
Quote Reply
Re: Does fit women have less pregnancy signs? [BikeBeast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with others - no rhyme or reason to it. I had little in the way of pregnancy symptoms but then my little guy was 10 days late and just would not come out and I ended up having an emergency c-section. I don't think this situation would have changed if I hadn't been in good shape.

And don't worry you'll be racing again soon enough. I think a lot of us are discovering we are faster post pregnancy than we were before we were pregnant. My little guy is 7 months and last tri season I was going crazy not racing but I think in the end it was good for me, prevented any burnout and has made me really hungry for this season.
Quote Reply