Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do you wear assos shorts/bibs - Opinions
Quote | Reply
I need a new pair of shorts and I need to get something that's pretty damn good.
Do any women out there recommend the Assos shorts? How about the bibs?
I'd wear them for long rides on my road and tri bike. I use 2xU for races.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you wear assos shorts/bibs - Opinions [pippi63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have worn them and also Pearl Izumi. Bib shorts are so much more comfortable but can be pain on the longer rides when you need a quick bathroom stop!

I also use 2XU long distance tri short for racing IM and a one piece Desoto suit for 1/2 IM and shorter. It comes down to the bathroom issue. Sometimes you need to get your gear off really quickly in an IM and I wouldn't feel confident enough in getting to suit off/on quickly.

Once you have used bib shorts you won't go back ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Do you wear assos shorts/bibs - Opinions [mandsxox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I agree about the bibs - love them for long rides but a pain for the bathroom stop. This is fine for the training rides but is a big "no" for IM/races.

Which Assos bibs do you have? There seem to be 2 types for women: one with the reverse type suspender (?) that sits in front of the chest and looks like it could be uncomfortable. I'm not sure why they did it that way. Then the second one that they call a bib, but to me it looks like a one piece tri suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have to figure that any bike short brand which is includes the word Ass knows how to keep you comfortable! Seriously, I love my Assos shorts, big investment as they cost a lot, but in my opinion they are well worth it. I have used Pearl Izumi's before and the Assos are so much better. I used to be miserable on long rides, and with the Assos I am not suffering (too much), after 4+ hours on the bike.

Here is to happy and more importantly comfortable riding!
Quote Reply
Re: Do you wear assos shorts/bibs - Opinions [bexsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do u have bibs or shorts?

here in canada the shorts run about 179 and the bibs maybe 300
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Assos bibs and shorts. When I did IMLP a few years back I wore Assos shorts for the bike for comfort. Best decision I made.

The bibs I have are the FI 13 S5 Bibshort that has the single strap in the front. I find them very comfortable and worth the $$ spent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the shorts and they work out great. I have never tried bibs, so I can't comment on that option. I chose the shorts so I would not have any problems going to the loo in a hurry.
Quote Reply