Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Do You Wear Makeup in Races

I'm sure to catch some heat for this question but don't mind :>

Do you put on any makeup for races? Me, a little waterproof mascara and lipgloss, otherwise the exiting-the-swim photos are unspeakable . . .

Re: Do You Wear Makeup in Races [kiki] [ In reply to ]

nope - but I also don't wear make-up most days either.

I have a friend who keeps lipstick in her transition area though...

no and just don't care that I look as old as I am in my photos

No. I think of exercise as the time I get to just be me. I don't wear make up, don't match, I'm happy if my legs are shaved, and I don't hold back on bodily noises.

I don't wear makeup period.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD

Re: Do You Wear Makeup in Races [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]

tigerchik wrote:
I don't wear makeup period.

This.

A childhood that includes competitive dance can put you off makeup for life.

Cheers!

-mistress k

No

DFL > DNF > DNS

Re: Do You Wear Makeup in Races [determination] [ In reply to ]

oh dear feeling like quite the harlot now, LOL

I love the idea of lipstick in transition. Although if I tried it would get all over my face like one of those crazy ladies you try to avoid eye contact with.

I always like to have bright red toes for a big race. Little stop signs for the sistahs in the water (*not* that this tactic works, but it does make me happy to look down when we're all milling around waiting to go in).

http://www.yearoftrainingdangerously.blogspot.com

kiki wrote:
oh dear feeling like quite the harlot now, LOL

I love the idea of lipstick in transition. Although if I tried it would get all over my face like one of those crazy ladies you try to avoid eye contact with.

I always like to have bright red toes for a big race. Little stop signs for the sistahs in the water (*not* that this tactic works, but it does make me happy to look down when we're all milling around waiting to go in).http://www.yearoftrainingdangerously.blogspot.com[/quote[/url]]

Haha
I'm in favor of doing whatever makes you feel good about you. But like you said, I really would have black under my eyes from mascara, so just not for me.

Re: Do You Wear Makeup in Races [nad] [ In reply to ]

nad wrote:
No. I think of exercise as the time I get to just be me. I don't wear make up, don't match, I'm happy if my legs are shaved, and I don't hold back on bodily noises.

Are you related to JackMott?? :)

uhhhh, hell no....I can't believe your waterproof mascara actually stays put! when I ride (not race), I wear clinique superblam moisturizing gloss in raspberry...I typically train immediately after work, i never wear make-up anymore..make-up and sweat do NOT mix well, at all..it's just gross.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Re: Do You Wear Makeup in Races [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]

Haha, Nope - but I think we live in the same city. Does that count?

Re: Do You Wear Makeup in Races [nad] [ In reply to ]

Close enough!

Um, no. Make up every day yes.

Re: Do You Wear Makeup in Races [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]

Painted toes, yes. I don't consider that makeup.

I don't for a tri because I doubt it would stay on, but I have for a marathon when I was having some 'publicity shots' taken.
I also teach spinning at 5am and will put on some eye makeup as my eyes are practically invisible without it.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with it at all, and if I'm being truly honest, I don't like when women bag on others for doing it. To each her own!

I have put on some mascara sometimes but most of the time I do not wear make-up. I do get a pedicure before and paint my toenails some crazy bright color.

Re: Do You Wear Makeup in Races [spintela] [ In reply to ]

This.

I always paint my toenails and have lately taken to doing a mani as well in a silly color or pattern. Race nails I call them. It helps me get psyched up to race.

Usually match my clothes and will upgrade to something snazzy if it is a race that is important to me.

I don't bother with matching or caring how I look on a regular training day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce

Re: Do You Wear Makeup in Races [JenSw] [ In reply to ]

I wear tinted moisturizer & tinted lipbalm in the summer every day. It doesn't make much of a difference, but I like the slight sun protection.

Never wear it to begin with. But I make sure my race outfit matches my bike!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball

No, but I don't wear makeup on a daily basis either.

We've got a young lady that races locally that's a real crack-up. She's fast and generally wins her AG in the local races, although we held a big race a couple of years ago that attracted a few out of towners. She wasn't upset that she was beaten, it was the fact that the girl that beat her was WEARING MAKE UP!!

It was even better the next year when a girl beat her while wearing a leopard skin print tri suit.

Only if its left over from the night before:-)

I make up for it by wearing a skirt on the run.

Yeah I do. I don't wear the whole "kit and kaboodle" but I do put on some waterproof mascara and some tinted lipgloss. I know someone who also carries the tinted lip moisturizer in the bra. And the lip moisturizer has SPF of 15.

Not in a triathlon, too wet, too long and too sweaty. For a run race in the winter I'll wear some eyeliner and mascara.

Prev Next