Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dinner tonight?
Quote | Reply
It's a new year and I need some new dinner ideas. I made a Faux Pho last night and it was pretty good.

What's on the menu at your house tonight?
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chicken asparagus risotto - making it with the duck/goose stock that i made last week, or possibly the bunny stock i finished simmering off last night.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
That's funny because I was going to make risotto as well...great minds think alike I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Whatever they are serving at work. Let's see...YUM!

ChickenSSB 650-281-1333Beer Can ChickenCheddar Mashed PotatoesSteamed Veggie MedleyCrisp Iceberg SaladZucchini Cakes

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure which part of your "Pho" was "Faux" - are you vegetarian or vegan (or something else)?
My sister got me an incredible cookbook for Christmas - Appetite for Reduction. All vegan recipes (I am also gluten free, easy to sub in this cookbook) and everything I've made has been delicious.

Zucchini/black bean tacos: zucchini, onion, black beans, salsa verde - in corn tortillas
Caulipots: Combo of mashed cauliflower and potatoes
Pineapple rice: Jasmine rice spiced up with red curry paste/tamari sauce mixture, onion/garlic, cilantro, pineapple

Other stuff I like:
Homemade pesto on brown rice pasta
Tofu & veggie stir fry
Sweet potato/black bean tacos

Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight? [lisac957] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not vegetarian, although I try to have meat free dinner a few times a week. The faux was that I used mushroom stock so essentially it was a vegan pho. Quite tasty too.

The black bean tacos sound yum and I LOVE cauliflower/potato smash up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cream of spinach/broccoli soup; sm. bowl of beets; 2 string cheese sticks; 3 servings of peanuts; oatmeal raisin cookie.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've gone paleo for 7 weeks (should be interesting!) so tonight is salad with chicken, apple, avocado, and home-made bacon bits. Last night was chicken enchiladas where we cut out the cheese and substituted cauliflower for the rice.

I'm almost at the point where I'd kill someone for chocolate...the sad thing is that this is just Day 4 of 7 weeks.

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pork tenderloin in the fridge and I will be searing it with olive oil, fresh garlic and fennel seeds before finishing it in the oven with new potatoes to keep it company.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Y'all make my reheated spaghetti sound incredibly sad. Last night's "nothing" sounds even more pathetic.

I need to go to the grocery store & start eating food I cook again.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a really yummy recipe I got off the "Eating Well" website for a steak and blueberry salad. It's totally awesome. Spinach, a home made blueberry vinagrette, walnuts and feta.
It's even good without the steak as a side item.
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't usually eat red meat that often but had a real bad craving for a hamburger last night. So I marinated a hamburger in olive oil and garlic. I didn't have any buns so I put it on a Wolferman's maple and walnut english muffin.The maple flavor really came through- It was awesome! Also had Rosemary new potatoes on the side. I'm going to do it again tonight
Last edited by: squid: Jan 12, 12 10:51
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight? [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had veggie soup from a can.

Yeah, pathetic. But it was better than the pizza in my freezer. Since I started living alone I think I've had maybe 2 salads and they have been in restaurants. Gotta get myself together.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight? [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eggs, brown rice, peas tonight.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tonight at work:
Jerk Chicken
Pineapple Salsa
Curried Chick Pea Cakes
Veggie Salad
Cilantro Rice
Mango and Red Pepper Salad

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yum. Spinach salad tonight after reading your post. I put a bit of left over chicken on top with carrot and some avocado.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MacDonalds!

Go to the drive thru and when they ask for your order reply as follows:

Ill have a number one, Coke Large. Then I want a Large M&M McFlurry.

That will fill you right up...

Quick, inexpensive and tasty as can be!

Ahhhhhhhh! Mmm Mmm good!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QRgirl wrote:
It's a new year and I need some new dinner ideas. I made a Faux Pho last night and it was pretty good.

Potato and broccoli latkes and lemon garlic fish. Mmmm, latkes.

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tonight was strip mall Thai- I had the Pad Kee Maw- chicken, Thai medium spice, no cabbage. The spousal unit had salad.

Last night was Malaysian ginger-pineapple chicken over rice.
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight? [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Thai food.

Last night here was pasta i fagioli soup (I think I spelled the Italian name wrong. Pasta and bean.)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A super easy one I like is white chili, especially in the winter.

1 pound ground chicken/turkey
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 or 2 cans of whatever white beans (cannelini)
1 little can of green chilis
1 32oz box of chicken broth

season as you like (cumin, chili powder, red pepper, etc)

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight? [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last night - pita with green goddess dressing; swiss; tomato; mushroom; bowl of ripple chips. Yum yum. An entire Green & Black's cherry dark chocolate bar for dessert. I didn't intend to eat the whole thing but it was good...

Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight? [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FeltLikeTriing wrote:
Potato and broccoli latkes and lemon garlic fish. Mmmm, latkes.

ha, i made latkes for breakfast yesterday!

dinner last night was herbed baked rainbow trout over red chard with sauteed asparagus and salt & pepper kasha.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I love that you take pictures of all your food. Your FB makes me really really hungry sometimes! :)

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might like this recipe, we've made it twice now and its pretty "lish-us" as Liam calls it.

http://www.joanne-eatswellwithothers.com/...ne-with-roasted.html

Some comfort food: http://www.foodnetwork.com/...ze-recipe/index.html
with garlic mashed potatoes
Quote Reply

Prev Next