Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Delaware Diamondman RR
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I've been lurking for quite a while... hardly ever post. But, since this was my first half-iron, I figure I should write a report. With Hurricane Hanna in full force I wasn't even sure if the race would go on. But sure enough, SBR on Sunday.

I was suprisingly calm before the start. Ate a few bananas, drank a ton of water, put on my wetsuit and was ready to go. Walked 1/4 mile to the swim start (yup, thats right, we had to run 1/4 mile to transition after a 1.2 mile swim). Swim was wetsuit legal and went AWESOME!!! I did the 1.2 miles in 39 minutes (my best previous olympic swim was 34). Since the 1/4 mile run was included in the swim time, I was 43:51. Transition was an uneventful 3:19. Then onto the bike, my fav leg!!! Started out really well, cruising at around 20mph. But, i eventually hit a wall and slowed down considerably. My neck started to hurt, so I had to get out of aero, which I think cost me a lot of time. Bike time: 3:12:13 (17.5mph). I was worried that the run would be a bit of a walk fest, but I came into it with a plan to walk the aid stations and run in between. I hit that right on!!! Run time: 2:19:05 (10:37 minute miles). Total Race Time: 6:22:01. I had a goal of 7 hours and I smashed that by 38 minutes!!!! Best part of the day... I placed third in my AG!!!! I felt great at the finish and great all day yesterday... minus that absolutely horrible sunburn on my neck, shoulders, back.. guess the sunscreen came off on the swim (yes, i'm an idiot and didn't reapply in transition). I absoultely love the distance and hope to do an ironman soon! Actually, about 4 or 5 times I almost pulled the triggor and signed up for IMLOU. Only thing holding me back is the nonwetsuit swim and the heat.

All of the posts on this thread really helped me with my first half-iron, so THANKS!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Delaware Diamondman RR [lwalsh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great job - it gets a little easier each time you do it :)
Quote Reply
Re: Delaware Diamondman RR [lwalsh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! i'm sure it's the first of many halfs for you. Great job.
Quote Reply
Re: Delaware Diamondman RR [diva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great first half time!Keep making it fun. Congratulations and if you want to train for a full go ahead and do it!

member CupCake Cartel
Quote Reply