Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dec 20: How'd you do?
Quote | Reply
I didn't set goals last week. I ran 42.3 miles, (7 runs - one day off; one double), swam 2100 yds, did hip and shoulder exercises a few times, and did 2 hrs of yoga.

This week: 6 runs, 4 swims, lift twice, hip + shoulders every day. Also, finish compiling my thesis data.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 20: How'd you do? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work... sometimes not having goals is a good thing ;-)

Last week:
Run 6x, still aiming for 60-70k/week => DONE, ended up with 65k
Swim 2x, ok I *have* to make this a priority, even if I run less => DONE and I can't believe it myself!
Ride 1x, road or mtb depending on weather. => FAIL, ran out of time on the weekend (too many errands/shopping and too much flu going around).

This week:
- Run 6x, same distance, gotta keep focused on the challenge
- Swim 1x, work/holiday/kid sked is not conducive for any more.
- Bike - none, ditto above. If I manage any riding, it'll be a total bonus.
- ENJOY the time with family.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 3 runs, hopefully 1 trail run: WIN, including the trail run.
- 1 swim: WIN
- 2 or 3 bike: FAIL. only 1, and it was short and easy.
- 2 core/strength: WIN-ish - did 1 solid strength workout, 2 foam roll/stick, a bit of yoga, plus some lifting one night while making dinner

this week's goals:
- 3 runs
- 1 swim (already done)
- 1 bike
- 2 core/strength

keeping it simple while we finish getting ready for christmas - got 1 batch of gingerbread done on sunday (plus the dough is in the freezer for batch #2|, got all the gifts that have arrived wrapped last night (3 more coming), but we still don't have any indoor decorations done...including a "tree"!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
LAST WEEK - Okay.. I did terrible last week.. But at least I got some workouts in. I'm trying not to be hard on myself when missing a workout or forcing them in when I'm exhausted. And since it snowed 6" last week at the end of the week it killed my weekend workout cause i was stiff from being in a truck all damn day... So heres how i faired...
Run 3x - 2x
Trainer 3x - 2x
Strength 4x - 2.5x (oops... oh well)
Arc 1x - Negative... I decided to run instead
Swim 2x - 1x (forgot my goggles.. makes it hard to swim and couldn't find any to borrow at 6am..)

THIS WEEK:Since it is Xmas and my family has such a great attitude (with sarcasm) towards the holidays I'm going to try and get done what I can.... It snowed yesterday which shot my morning workout today so I'm trying to stay motivated to get it done tonight.. which is trainer for 1hr and strength for 45 min. Feel free to harass me via messages to make sure i do it.. They chirp on my phone all day.. haha

Sun - 2 hr. Trainer Ride (DONE!)
Mon - Run and Swim (DONE) Thx to my lovely bf pulling me out of bed
Tues - Bike and Strength
Wed - Run and Swim
Thur - Bike and Strength
Fri - hhhmmm... maybe a short run b4 we get on the road to head out of town
Sat - OFF (It's XMAS!!)
Sun - 2.5 hr Trainer Ride
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:
3 mile runs x 3
1 mile swims x 2
a zumba & a yoga

This Week:
Sun: ran 3 miles
Mon: 6 mile hike in 3-4 hours
Tue: swam 1 mile
Wed: run 3 miles
Thur: run 3 miles & zumba

Quote Reply
Re: Dec 20: How'd you do? [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still nursing a shoulder injury from a race in Nov, so no swimming for a few more weeks. Last week, run 6x, bike 2x, core 5x. This week will run 7x (one day off and double for the challenge!), bike 2-3x, core 5x. Still trying to find a way to make up a bike missed earlier this week, when I decided I couldn't bring myself to do it after getting three hours of dental work done. Ouch!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sat on my fat freezing ass and did Nothing.

We're in the US and it is damn cold. Can't wait to go home. Did go for a ride and run yesterday (up - we don't have up at home) as we had SUN for the first day since we got here. Damn I hate this insane weather. I really should go for a run today but I just can't get the energy up for freezing even MORE than I'm already frozen.

I have no goals whatsoever. I'm depressed as hell with no sun - at home I get depressed after 4 hours of clouds (really rare) and I can't wait to go home. This happens every time we come to the US. I bitch about the weather incessantly.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: Dec 20: How'd you do? [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not a fan of cold weather either but you'll warm up after a few min. if you do run. Would doing some crunches or "weights" (with soup cans) work? Jumping jacks, etc ... warm you up, calorie burn a bit, maybe some endorphins

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
I'm not a fan of cold weather either but you'll warm up after a few min. if you do run. Would doing some crunches or "weights" (with soup cans) work? Jumping jacks, etc ... warm you up, calorie burn a bit, maybe some endorphins

Aren't you a sweetie. Well, I got more base layers from my sister and a baclava from my BIL and with knickers, tights, 3 base layers and a windjacket I made it through another ride and run. The ride was actually enjoyable (on the up) but the 13-min downhill was still REALLY cold. Not as horrific as last time, so I can definitely psyche myself up for it again. I need to do something. This belly that had disappeared for 2 years is making a BIG reappearance! :)

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply