Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dealing with hair tangles
Quote | Reply
I have really thick long hair, that I put in a pony tail for cycling and running. I find that after a long bike or run, my hair is very tangled underneath. Does anyone have a product that they really like that helps with this issue? I stay away from most detangling products because they are full of alcohol, which is bad for your hair in the long run.
Quote Reply
Re: Dealing with hair tangles [chicklamino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try Pipi Longstocking type braids instead of a pony tail... no more tangles!
Last edited by: Nana: Sep 7, 11 11:33
Quote Reply
Re: Dealing with hair tangles [Nana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nana wrote:
Try Pipi Longstocking type braids instead of a pony tail... no more tangles!

^^ this. or even a single braid.

you can also get hair wraps to go 'round a ponytail - they'll either have snaps or skatehooks and a lace (the former is easy to put in, the latter is not). most often made of leather, because they're common among motorcyclists (which is how i know about them), hair glove brand does make some in neoprene: https://hairglove.com/catalog/8

a really good conditioner and doing what you can to prevent split ends will help, too.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I have tried that and it doesn't work for me for running long distance, ended up with rub burn on my neck, oww.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this company makes neoprene hair gloves that fasten with velcro, in some bright designs:

http://hairglovesfromhawaii.com/...20with%20Velcro.html

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Don't know if your hair is wavy or curly or you wear it straight. I wear mine in a single ponytail....I don't do a single braid because it feels like a rope slapping me in the back and neck, and I don't love the two braids too much (have to hide the grey roots sometimes). But my hair wants to get in one big dreadlock if I do a long run or ride... in the heat and humidity, especially. What works for me is to actually fix my hair before I train...product (Biosilk), flatirion, etc....getting it nice and smooth. That seems to make it more resistant to the dreadlock, matted, uncombable look. Sounds like a pain in the butt, but better to spend the time ahead of time, than to look like a hot mess at the end.
Last edited by: bt: Sep 7, 11 16:15
Quote Reply
Re: Dealing with hair tangles [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kerastase Oleorelax serum before you run.

Not sure about alcohol in it though. It does work nicely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Undercut. I have a 2" undercut and have for ~10+yrs. Solves all those problems. Seriously.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply