Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Danskin Tri
Quote | Reply
I was looking for this series and it looks like it's been absorbed into the Irongirl series. Anyone know anything about either series?
Quote Reply
Re: Danskin Tri [Princess] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a half marathon with the Irongirl series - it was the most well-managed race I've ever run. More water stops than I knew what to do with, pacers, a million port-a-potties, great signage, and a wonderful attitude. Oh, and the medal was fricking GORGEOUS ^_^; 10/10 would recommend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Danskin Tri [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'll look to see what's around the NY tri state area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did one of the Danskin Triathlons years ago and was not impressed. Too much pink power and a shortened run is not my thing.

Quote | Reply
I did one also in 2000 - my first tri. Yes, there is a lot of pink and hokum and last I heard, they allowed noodles during the swim which is ridiculous (but that was under the Danskin umbrella - if it is now Irongirl - I don't know what their rules are). But that having been said, I am currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer and have set a goal to do at least one race this season. A low key "pink" race in September is something realistic to shoot for in this case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best of luck in your battle. I hope you have a solid support network and I hope the training helps (they say the healthier you are going in, the easier it goes).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Danskin Tri [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much. Being fit has definitely made it easier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry way late to the party, but I wanted to add another vote for the series.... I did the Webster, MA Irongirl last year (formerly part of the Danskin series) and it was the first one I signed up for this year. Great organisation, fair and honest course, sure it was a little "pink power" and ultra-women-supportive, but I personally enjoyed that. You didn't mention which location you were looking at, but Lake Chaubunagungamaug was awesome - if only for having that for a name!
Quote Reply
Re: Danskin Tri [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking at the one in Sandy Hook, NJ - but it's so crowded - there were over 30 women in my age category (60-64)!! There are usually 3 - I may look for something a little more low key. Lake Chaubunagungamaug was actually the first tri I ever did and it was indeed great. I won't be ready though to do that one - I'm looking for something in the fall.
Quote Reply