Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Damnit! 3rd Race Cancelled.
Quote | Reply
I live in the Bermuda Triangle, where we gobble up and destroy triathlons.

So, on my calendar this year (when I planned it last year) was Wildflower, Tinley, and Playa Del Rey. We all know what happened to Wildflower, Tinley gets moved to Huntington Lake 4+ hours away instead of 10 minutes away, and now Playa Del Rey gets cancelled for this year. Back to the drawing board again.

I guess I'll do Santa Barbara on Aug 26 (weird distance: 1; 34; 10). And I'll go ahead and do Morro Bay OLY (I don't like running on the sand). Beyond that I have nothing. I'm hoping for one more later season 70.3 and 2 more OLYs and hopefully within a 3-4 hour drive.

Any suggestions for a race within this area of CA?

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: Damnit! 3rd Race Cancelled. [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That just sucks. Hopefully you find something that sticks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not super close to you,but Santa Cruz...there's the now IM branded 70.3 on Sept(10 or 11?) and they put on an awesome OLY on 9/24.I've done it five or six times and it never disappoints.Doing the formerly Big Kahuna 70.3 this year so will skip the oly.
Fingers crossed for wildflower next year!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Damnit! 3rd Race Cancelled. [Mrnchk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah ha! I forgot about the IM Santa Cruz. I have the SLO Cherry Canyon Ultra, but I think I'll bump that and do Santa Cruz. Brilliant. Thank you!!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Major bummer :-(

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The laughed out loud at the Bermuda Triangle comment. It's a shame so many races are getting canceled out here.
I changed my schedule to do Santa Barbara and Santa Cruz as well -- see you there :D

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply