Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cyclists needed for para nationals
Quote | Reply
Jess!, one of our lovely STers and now professional cyclist with Vanderkitten, has asked for help recruiting female cyclists to pilot tandem bikes for several blind female cyclists at para nationals in Madison next month.

As she says:

"It is so sad to think of these blind athletes wanting to compete and being prevented from doing so because they can't find a captain."

If you think you can help or know someone who can, contact Pam Fernandes: pamala @ quikus.com and Simon Bennett: simon @ greevillcyclingcenter.com

Please spread the word!

(cross-posting to main forum)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclists needed for para nationals [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is so cool - I wish I was closer and could help. I hope they can find people to help these corageous atheletes!!

I'm also excited to see Vanderkitten on my birthday charity ride here in CA - the Canary Challenge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclists needed for para nationals [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm loaning her my wetsuit and I hope to get stickers in return!

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As long as they don't go on the bike ^_~

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I vote we all find a reason to post on Jen's post on this on the main forum to keep bumping it up and on the front page. ;-)

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Jun 12, 13 19:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have shared via FB as I live in the Midwest. I would love to help but I have never been on a tandem....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jen-

I have found several people who are interested in helping but the emails include in your original post all bounce back. Any way to get in touch with Jess and confirm.

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclists needed for para nationals [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His is her status in casw I typed it wrong

Hey amateur lady cyclist friends! the United States Association of Blind Athletes is seeking female pilots to captain tandem bikes for several blind female cyclists at para nationals in Madison next month. It is so sad to think of these blind athletes wanting to compete and being prevented from doing so because they can't find a captain. If you think you are able to help or know someone who can, please spread the word and contact Pam Fernandes at pamala@quikus.com and Simon Bennett at simon@greenvillecyclingcenter.com. I would do it myself but am barred due to my professional status. Thank you!!! might have typed them wrong.

Jen

Last edited by: JenSw: Jun 13, 13 9:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you need to have ridden a tandem before? I know a few people who might be able to help, but none has tandem experience...

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclists needed for para nationals [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea, just passing along the request and contact info. Send them an email.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I emailed them. I'll let you know if I find out anything else.

Coach Brain: Accelerate 3 ; Incoherent Ramblings
Quote Reply