Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling sandals for commuting?
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies! Does anyone use cycling sandals with cleats? I have seen a pair online made by Keen, that look pretty good. I have a commuter bike that I ride everywhere these days, but I would love to have a pair of shoes or sandals other than the hideous touring/mtb pair that I have right now! not to mention, they make my feet hot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling sandals for commuting? [Angela K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just be aware that the sole of a cycling shoe is very stiff to optimize power transfer, whereas the sole of a sandal - even a cycling one, will be much less so. If you don't have a long commute, there are minimal hills, and you aren't looking to set any speed/efficiency records you'll probably be quite happy with them. Just note that you may "feel" the pedal through the sandal, and that your feet may get tired as the arch/foot muscles will have to do a lot more work than when you're wearing a cycling shoe. Set the cleats as far back as you can (I don't know how much if any adjustment is available with those sandals), and treat it as an enjoyable "stroll" rather than a "power commute".

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling sandals for commuting? [Angela K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of the Keens. I used them for a cycling trip in Thailand covering 470 miles in 7 days. They worked great. I thought the soles were stiff enough for that type of riding. Though I got some very funky tan lines on my feet. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling sandals for commuting? [sbj405] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Good to hear! Do they fit true to size? I wear size 8 normal shoes, and size 8.5 running shoes. Wondering what size I should get for these, as I may have to order them online. Guess I could go try some regular Keens on at the store.
Quote Reply