Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling & Women's Sexual Health from NYT
Quote | Reply
My first response was...tell me something I didn't know. But I guess at least someone other women are paying attention to it.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/...health&seid=auto
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling & Women's Sexual Health from NYT [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link! I see this in my practice as a physical therapist and as a rider! It IS good to know someone is doing the research finally. I think sometimes women don't yell loudly enough that we have problems too.

Re: Cycling & Women's Sexual Health from NYT [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
while I beleive this to be true, the study is flawed by putting people on a trainer.

The women took their personal bikes and saddles into the lab. The researchers mounted the bikes on a stationary machine, and had the riders position their seats and handlebars according to their preference

As most people know, the trainer makes these issues much more apparent than riding outside.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling & Women's Sexual Health from NYT [kidrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kidrock wrote:
while I beleive this to be true, the study is flawed by putting people on a trainer.

The women took their personal bikes and saddles into the lab. The researchers mounted the bikes on a stationary machine, and had the riders position their seats and handlebars according to their preference

As most people know, the trainer makes these issues much more apparent than riding outside.

Agreed. I find it much easier (less pressure) to ride outside than on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling & Women's Sexual Health from NYT [LB123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the study.It makes women speak out trouble and other bad things.Very helpful.
Quote Reply