Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Congrats ST IMC ladies!
Quote | Reply
Great job Karen and Kylie!! You both posted some fantastic times!
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats ST IMC ladies! [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was out there, too!

Hypothermic for a significant portion of the bike.

Excruciating neuroma pain in right foot on the run.

Beautiful course; I'll be back in better shape next year.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats ST IMC ladies! [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard it was horrible weather! I kept thinking to myself that I might have DNFed that one. Kudos for sticking it out. I heard later in the day there was hail and some snow up at Yellow Lake. Ugh!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to miss you Sally! How was your race besides freezing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Erin and Jen! I was stoked with my swim until I was reading here that it may have been short. Even still it felt good. The bike was cold and windy and wet but it was so nice to see so many people out there cheering. I swear I knew people all over the course. The run was long. Sally joined me at mile 3 and stayed with me until the finishing shoot. That was good and bad for me while at times I enjoyed the company at other times I think I would have preferred to be on my own. I have to say I was disappointed with my run split even though I couldn't have expected much more with the limited training I've had with my feet issues. I'm glad to have my fifth IMC in the bag though and I'm happy to know that I'm NOT racing next year. Until I can actually run marathons again I can't see another IM in my future. 42km is too far to go without training. Then again I am thinking about doing the Seattle Marathon again this November.....

Thanks Andypants for being out on Yellow Lake - and sticking around long enough for me to get there.

Karen

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Last edited by: YVR K: Aug 31, 10 22:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

It was definitely a tough day out there, but I ended up pretty pleased with how it went for me. I'll post my race report once I finish it ;)

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was as good as could be expected. My swim has never been a problem, so no surprises there.

My bike was great for the first two hours ( the length of most of my training) before cold and rain set in.

As was mentioned, I ran with company so that I didn't obsess over the neuroma in my right foot flaring up again. Neither of us were in great shape, but all in all, running with company was superior to having a pity party by myself.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw all three ladies, and have pics of them too! I'll post them once I get home and pull them off my camera (and provided the ladies approve of course)....

Also: heavy heavy rain no snow at YL (I was the Banana girl there all day)... but still tough conditions... a lot of athletes underdressed.

All three: AWESOME work out there!!! Great smiles all around ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Sep 5, 10 17:18
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats ST IMC ladies! [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you mean Banana girl?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats ST IMC ladies! [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andy, you absolutely MADE MY DAY!!!

After coming out of yet another cold rain, I was feeling pretty low and there you were! I look forward (I think) to seeing myself in all my pathetic, drowned-rat, personal-pity-party, 3 hours per week of training is not enough for IronMan misery as a potent reminder to not do that again.

Thank you for being there to capture the moment.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply