Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Comfy saddle for my wife - advise please!
Quote | Reply
My wife who, until now, has ridden only on a hybrid recently got her first road bike (Cannondale Synapse). We are trying to find a saddle for her that is comfortable for moderate-distance rides. I've seen posts about the Adamo road. Any other suggestions?

Re: Comfy saddle for my wife - advise please! [The_Aesthete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also....we are on a budget, so reasonably priced saddles help too. Thanks!

Quote | Reply
Do a search for saddle and there are a number of threads.

But...the right saddle is a personal thing. What works for one person is torture for another. Adamo works for me and I have it on my road and track bikes.

There are places that will let you test out saddles. That is probably your best bet.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What clm said. A saddle that fits is a 'geometry' thing personal to your particular butt.....more padding on the saddle or in your shorts usually doesn't help or just makes it worse. I can ride my husband's saddle for about 4 minutes before I need a gyno...he finds it perfectly comfortable.

Terry, Specialized, Blackwell, Adamo....lots of good choices these days. Test saddles are the way to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
selle italia's trans am women's saddle, love it!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on what her needs are-- as everyone else has said, its SO personal. But Ill add to the list the Specialized Ariel saddle, has a cut out but also some cushion for long rides. Its not the lightest saddle, and although its technically a mountain bike saddle, its worked well for me..

(I also suggest she do a measurement of her sit bones at a bike shop to get the right width!!).

Good luck!

Jen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the Cobb V-Flow Plus. It is fabulous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Terry Butterfly or damselfly

"When the going gets tough, get going!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a specialized velo pronto gel saddle (sl-wz.1) that i bought for my tri bike, and hate it in aero, but i slapped it on tanker's CX bike for him and he loves it. i put his bike on the trainer on sunday and did some riding on it - wicked comfy for road geometry!

i think it was only about $60 or so at the LBS..

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
My wife has been riding the Selle Italia Prolink Genuine Gel (not the one with the cutout) for several years and finds it reasonably comfortable but some other suggestions would include the Selle Italia Diva, Selle San Marco Aspide Glamour, Selle San Marco Zoncolan, or (may be stretching the budget to much), Fizik Aliante with braided carbon rails.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Feb 9, 10 14:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bit spendy, but I love my Cobb V-flow Plus. I thought I had a great saddle on my roadie: the Selle Italia Gel Diva. After riding on the V-Flow plus for a month, I just can't go back on the Selle without whining.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
look at the BG series from specialized. my fiancee rides a synapse and had the same problem, and specialized has really good saddles for a decent price. Selle italia has some as well.
Quote Reply