Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Colorado Spring - female training partners
Quote | Reply
I have read several older strings about Colorado Springs and it certainly sounds like a great place to live and train. I may have an opportunity to relocate there for work and was wondering if any female triathletes (or even male ones) on ST could tell me how CS is for group rides, group runs, etc from a female persepective. I (male) rarely have a hard time finding other dudes to train with, but my concern is for my wife. She can hang with most dudes as she is an FOP Ag'er, but she certainly likes to have female training partners. Any thoughts, imput, warnings that I could pass on to her would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------
John Behme
Charlotte, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Colorado Spring - female training partners [jbnc77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think CO Springs is an awesome place to live. I've been here a little less than a year and I'm also a FOP Ag'er. The best part about living here is all of the group runs and places to run. You'll probably be near a park or trail no matter where in town you live. There are group runs pretty much every day and the Pikes Peak Road Runners put on lots of awesome dirt cheap running races. Wide ranges of abilities on these runs.

I've only been on one Sunday am group ride and I got dropped when they really started to hammer (probably would have been able to keep up if I were in better biking shape, it wasn't unreasonably fast - I've been running too much and not biking enough). There is a Saturday group ride that has 3 different ability groups, but I haven't gone. CS is pretty darn sprawling, so the best places to ride depend on where you live. I like to ride around the air force academy.

Feel free to pm me, I'm always looking for training partners.

"When the going gets tough, get going!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Carmichael Training Systems is located in the Springs, and they were leading some female group rides. Call the office, check and see what they're up to. As far as group rides, be careful and get to know the group before you take off with them. They can be very fast, and are definitely not no-drop rides.

Good luck!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone for the insight. I am actually hoping to find out today if the move is going to happen!

--------------------------------------------------------
John Behme
Charlotte, NC
Quote Reply