Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Coconut Water
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else discovered this? I bought some last spring and I love it. It really hits the spot after a workout and I could see it being great in a special needs bag. It has 60 calories , is fat free, has a good dose of potassium and isn't very sweet or coconutty tasting. I typically don't drink anything other than tea or water as I'm not a big fan of drinking my calories. The brand I've been getting is O.N.E.

I just thought I'd share my yummy little find.
Quote Reply
Re: Coconut Water [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My fiancee is Brazilian, and I guess it is very common or popular over there because he swears by the stuff. I used to hate it, but he kept insisting I drink it after workouts or whenever I was REALLY thirsty ...now I actually crave it when I am dehydrated. I am still not a huge fan of the taste, but I really do like the hydrating qualities.

I am also a big fan on O.N.E. I know you said you are not one to drink your calories, but their Coffee Berry (a light, fruity flavor) and Cashew (from the fruit part, not the nut that grows on top) juices are GREAT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was given a whole case of the stuff over the summer. I don't like the taste of it, but I used it in my recovery drinks mixed with Hammer Strawberry Recoverite and it was awesome and in some smoothies.

I have a coconut tree in my yard now and usually give the coconuts away to the guys who stop by and offer to trim the tree for the coconuts, but next year I'll probably keep a few and drill them for the water.

I've heard some people say it causes stomach problems if used before or during exercise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just started drinking this. Very good at quenching thirst, but the taste of the plain stuff is not appealing. I've seen a few flavored varieties that don't have a lot of added calories, but I need to finish my carton of plain before buying anything else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Stuff is GREAT. I eat mostly raw, natural food and have pretty much eliminated sports drinks from my diet. However, I don't buy the cans, just the whole coconuts and use the meat and the water--on average 1 coconut yields between 12-16 oz. all natural--tons of electrylotes. Just a little work to crack them open but IMO it's worth it. And you can use the meat in a smoothie. Asian markets have the best prices--in Las Vegas I can get a case of 9 for 10$. Whole Foods about $2.50 a piece. No landfill aftermath either. Going to experiment using coconut water in long course racing next season. Halfs and Full(s). I'll keep you posted.

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Re: Coconut Water [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually like how the plain tastes, but I'll have to give the flavored ones a try too.

Too bad for me that I don't have my own coconut tree in the back yard! Right now all I have are leaves, tons and tons of wet leaves.
Quote Reply