Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Clothing for Ironman?
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Anyone wear a particular brand of clothing for Ironman racing? I haven't shopped around for race clothing in a long time and I am seeking ideas for race day. I prefer two peice outfits (easier w/bathroom stops) w/some bike padding. Anything that you have worn for longer races that is comfortable?!

Thanks!

KK
Quote Reply
Re: Clothing for Ironman? [Kat_Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sugoi! Wore their "piston" tri shorts and a tri top for the entire race during my last Ironman (AZ 08)... very comfy

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just wore a sugoi tri tank top (internal bra) and Desoto 400 mile bike shorts for the entire race at IMCDA. The tag in the back of the shorts chafed me but that was it. Never felt the pad during the run but I lubed it up good with SkinSake before the start. I used to do the one piece but it was just too much hassle during potty stops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wore DeSoto for all of mine.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm doing the DeSoto 400-mile shorts for the swim and bike. For the swim I'm thinking to pair the shorts with the top of my TYR 2-piece racing suit - will just keep that on as my sports bra (I'm small up top) and put on a bike jersy in T1. I want the pockets in the back.

For the run I'm not sure if I'll change into running shorts, but will likely slip on a TYR or Zoot tri top in T2.

This will be my first IM so take all of that with a grain of salt :)
Quote Reply
Re: Clothing for Ironman? [lisac957] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DeSoto. I train and race in the 400mile shorts and their run shorts are great. I get the mens run shorts bec. they have pockets.
DeSoto has a good return policy also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a couple different things I use. Sports bra: Zoot or Craft, Tri shorts: De-Soto or SkirtSports, Tri-top: Team jersey Sugoi, and I ALWAYS change out of my tri-shorts into a running SkirtSports running skirt for the run.

Heather Sweet
http://thesweetsadventure.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, for my first I wore an Orca tri top (longer length so it didn't ride up) and Sugoi tri shorts. I really like the Orca top. For my second I wore a Zoot endrance tri top (again longer so it didn't ride up) and Zoot tri shorts. So far the Zoot tri shorts have been great for racing and training. They have great padding for the bike. If you use bonktown.com (great sales for 20min or so), some of the Zoot stuff (men's and women's) has been showing up. I actually got my last pair of Zoot tri shorts from there for like 50% off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orca long distance tri top with a sports bra underneath for the whole race and then i ride in specialized bike shorts and change into my nike running shorts. Hardly wastes anytime and it's super comfortable to run in the shorts. Very nice to have a kit change by then. For the swim i simply put bikini bottoms on underneath the wettie and then change straight into the bike shorts afterwards. Easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a DeSoto girl! I have raced 4 IM in all different weather conditions in their clothing. I usually wear their Carrera tri top and tri shorts under my wetsuit. I take off the tri shorts (they ate just so I have something on when the wetsuit comes off - this is important) for non-wet suit IM I just wear the sports bra and speed suit. For the bike, I leave on the sports bra and put on the 400 mile bike shorts. By the way these are the best things ever and the little time it takes to change is well worth the comfort! I will but on one of their full tri tops if it is cold but generally ride in the sports bra. I also wear socks with my bike shoes. I change into DeSoto run shorts for the run and leave on the same sports bra (no tri top) I grab a long sleeve shirt if necessary. The DeSoto clothes have been great for me and most of my friends now wear them also. Good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Clothing for Ironman? [christyboh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am a DeSoto girl! I have raced 4 IM in all different weather conditions in their clothing. I usually wear their Carrera tri top and tri shorts under my wetsuit. I take off the tri shorts (they ate just so I have something on when the wetsuit comes off - this is important) for non-wet suit IM I just wear the sports bra and speed suit. For the bike, I leave on the sports bra and put on the 400 mile bike shorts. By the way these are the best things ever and the little time it takes to change is well worth the comfort! I will but on one of their full tri tops if it is cold but generally ride in the sports bra. I also wear socks with my bike shoes. I change into DeSoto run shorts for the run and leave on the same sports bra (no tri top) I grab a long sleeve shirt if necessary. The DeSoto clothes have been great for me and most of my friends now wear them also. Good luck

Thanks you for the post.

http://moviesonlineworld.com
Quote Reply
Re: Clothing for Ironman? [amandak695] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the women's DeSoto liftfoil suit for swimming and I love it. I'm taking it to Kona and plan to wear it over my jogbra and bike shorts for the swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a woman, but let me add my voice to the crowd of De Soto fans.

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. -Enzo Ferrari
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have heard *very* good things about the De Soto 400.

I use Oomph! distance shorts and have loved them. No iron distance--half-irons and triple-digit biking, but they've been stellar.

x2 on remember to cut out any tags.

Yanti Ardie of Y Tri Multisport & Majick Juice for lasting critter defense & skin soothing
~ World Open Water Swimming Association Coach & Official
~ IRONMAN Certified Coach (Founding Member)
~ Triathlon Australia Professional Development Coach
~ 3 by the Sea: my Journey from death to ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two piece Sugoi suit for Ironman Canada. Same for Kona. Too worried that I'd be trapped in a one piece suit when/if nature calls :)

I'll see you in the run
Quote Reply
Re: Clothing for Ironman? [ironmom5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironmom, do you find that the mens shorts fit differently than other womens clothing that you have. I'm wondering since the padding is structured differently...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've worn Oomph shorts (with a variety of tops but prefer Zoot) and Desoto one-piece suits for Ironman and have had success for both. I think changing is a waste of time (it's a long enough day as it is), and you should find something you're comfortable in for all 3 events. One poster talked about Skirt Sports skirts; I use their number-belt model and just pull it on over my shorts for the run. Looks cute, and I still get the higher-tech compression benefits from the better quality shorts underneath.

The problem with the one-piece suits is getting them off during the race (actually it's getting them back on) if you have to. Two-pieces are way easier. I have to be honest though and admit I pee right through my shorts (in a porta potty), and just dump water on my crotch after to rinse. But if I had to do more than pee, I'd be glad to have separate shorts from my top.
Quote Reply
Re: Clothing for Ironman? [akeple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced in a pair of TYR tri shorts, a Target C9 sport bra and tank top, swam in a children swimsuit from Old Navy, wore Keen Commuter riding sandals and had a blast. My outfit cost about $12.50. I point this all out because I quickly found that it is not always what you wear to race in, it is how you race.

Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Desoto 400 mile shorts. I do change for thr run as it's nice to have on "fresh" gear and I need to put on a much tighter sports bra for running vs. biking.

(put clean socks in your run special needs bag)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

When someone pulls laws out of their @$$, all we end up with are laws that smell like sh!t. -Skippy
Quote Reply