Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Clothing Question
Quote | Reply
First off this is my first post here (hi everyone) but I have a good question and this is one of the few places that has a good amount of women on the boards.

I'm a dad who has been training since January for my first Tri, I have missed all 3 I've signed up for(work sux) my daughter has been watching and wanting to get involved( shes 8, almost 9) she was the fastest girl on the 1 mile run in project fitness for our county. She loves to cycle and run, she is now doing bricks with me of 3 mile cycle, 1 mile run and only stops a few times on the runs.

she does her first 1 mile foot race saturday, I'm doing my second 5k.

After all that heres is my question, Womens Tri clothing is tough to find, I am having an even harder time finding cloths for my daughter she is really skinny and not really tall yet. Shes still only 55lbs at 8 years old.

anyone have any help,links ect...

She does her first Tri at the end of July so I have time to find the right cloths but I really need help, shes already said she not ready to ride a bike 3 miles and run a mile wet and in a 2 piece,lol!

thanks for the help!
Quote Reply
Re: Clothing Question [jetta-the-hut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought my young child a running skirt from SkirtSports but I can't find it any more online. Maybe you'll have more luck.

Here's a website that DOES have kids clothing: http://www.teamestrogen.com/...-atspecialty_01.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if they've changed their sizing much but year before last the 2XU clothing we sold in our bike shop was tee-niny. The small and xs shorts looked like they would fit a very small child.

COBB MOBB 2014, 2015
Team Cambridge 2014, 2015
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i LOVE kiwami gear, and they make an actual kids' tri suit! they also have XXS sizes in some models.

http://www.kiwamitri.com/...lon-children_11.html

good luck to you and your wee lass, and i think it's awesome you're training and racing together! :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
cool website thanks for all the help
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not tri specific (ie - they won't have tri shorts or anything), but the Champion C9 line at Target has technical clothes in girls sizes. They have spandex shorts and dri fit tops, etc. Something like that might work in a pinch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool that your daughter is getting into racing!!!! My kids have been doing kids tri's for a few years now and they absolutely love it. My daughter is also tall and skinny (7 years old) - what we do for her is use jammers for her bottoms (I've ordered from Swim Outlet and they have kids sizes), and a tankini swim top, and that works really, really well.
Quote Reply
Re: Clothing Question [mspina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Very cool that your daughter is getting into racing!!!! My kids have been doing kids tri's for a few years now and they absolutely love it. My daughter is also tall and skinny (7 years old) - what we do for her is use jammers for her bottoms (I've ordered from Swim Outlet and they have kids sizes), and a tankini swim top, and that works really, really well.

cool I'll look into those, her first 1 mile official race is Saturday and I'm running with her now instead of the 5k so wish us luck, she now runs non stop for the whole mile and does an excellent 8 minute mile
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 11 y/o daughter is really skinny/tall too (5' and 85 lbs) and fits into a size Medium in Zoot tops, so maybe your daughter would wear an XSmall or Small. Good luck to her and that is so great that you are encouraging her in her sports!
Quote Reply
Re: Clothing Question [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well she finished her first sanctioned race, 1 mile run in 9:05 and took 3rd place overall in the females group. It was so hot but a good race either way. She learned alot about hydration(she didn't listen & learned the hard way) and her personal limits. She wanted to quit 300 yards from the finish line, I grabbed her hand and told her it was time to pick up the pace and kick it in,remember her training and her promise to herself she would not walk. She kicked it in and went full sprint with me holding her hand across the finish line.

When she got 3rd overall it was like she won the Boston Marathon she was jumping around and screaming and then cried alittle.
She learned alot from this 1 race and is still training with me and searching around for more races to run in.

Thanks for all the help, I orderd a pair of tri shorts and a top for her this last weekend. Maybe I'll post up some pictures soon when I get a chance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a great story! Thanks for sharing! I love seeing my kids accomplish something in sports that they didn't think they could do. The look of surprise and joy on their faces is amazing!
Quote Reply