Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Changing after swim
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

I've just started triathlon style training, I've been swimming at my local beach then transitioning onto the bike. There's no changing facilies nearby and was wondering if it's ok to quickly get changed on the beach from my swimsuit to cycling shorts when there may be other beach goers around?

Thanks in advance
Sue
Quote Reply
Re: Changing after swim [Trimom123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In a race, you can't change (as in you can't remove your swimsuit) - and 99% of people wear tri shorts to swim (or tri shorts under a wetsuit). In Ironman, there is a change tent, but again - I don't see a ton of athletes wearing true swimsuits but rather tri shorts. I would wear a swimsuit in an ironman length race ONLY if I knew the weather was going to be FREEZING getting onto the bike - and not sure you need to be practicing that transition much anyway.

So - practicing changing from a swimsuit into bike shorts isn't really something you'll have to do often.

Not to state the obvious - but if you are covering up, it doesn't matter! I've certainly changed clothes completely if I drive from work somewhere to go running - generally in my car. Honestly though - why not pop back into your car?
Quote Reply
Re: Changing after swim [Trimom123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's OK, but I don't know where you are and if there are some "decency" rules that may get people all riled up about...
Swimmers do a lot of "deck changes" so have expertise in the no flash zone.
Couple questions for you:
1. Wearing a wetsuit?
2. Wearing a one piece tri suit?
3. Wearing one piece or two piece swim suit?
4. You car nearby?

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply