Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chamois Cream
Quote | Reply
Ladies - need your advice - what's your favorite chamois cream for long distances - 75+ miles? I'm not digging my current cream and looking for suggestions. Seems like DZNuts Bliss and Assos are leading the pack in reviews, but curious your thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Cream [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it depends on what your issues are. I rarely use chamois crime or anything. I wear my shorts tight so they don't move around, but I have a couple kits that need something because the seams are rough. Usually I use body glide on the seams, enough to visibly cover the seams, then for really long rides and races I use Tri slide that I spray on me. These two things keep the issues at bay.

If your shorts aren't tight then they will move and that will cause chafing and no amount of cream can help that after a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've gone to 2toms Sportshield roll-on (don't bother with the "for her" version - apart from it being more expensive, I didn't find it endured quite as well) for basically anything chafing-related. Can be a bit of a trick to roll a liquid onto your saddlery regions, but you'll figure out what works for you. It's super light and won't come off until you wash it off.

They make a "Butt Shield" as well, but I've never tried it and don't really cycle enough anymore to check it out.

I used to use Beljum Budder but they changed the formulation a couple of years ago and now it's pretty meh.

Quote | Reply
I need to try Assos. It gets some good reviews, but I would have to order it because none of the shops in town carry it. I end up just buying Chamois Butt'r. I prefer the Euro style if they have it. Just a warning though, the Euro style is a bit --interesting--at first. It contains menthol and witch hazel.

If the damage has already been done, Desitin (yes, the diaper cream) is amazing at healing chafed skin. It is also great if your bra or anything else has rubbed your skin raw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite stuff is no longer being made - Soigneur Chamois Cream - Tempo.
I just picked up some Assos. While it provides enough coating to last of rides 4+ hrs, for sure, I don't like the *tingle*, though that part wears off after a bit.
I thought DZNuts bliss sucked.
I've also had good success with using silicone 'adult activities' lubricant.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Cream [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
determination wrote:
I've also had good success with using silicone 'adult activities' lubricant.

Wet Platinum FTW!

Yes, I may also have used this for non-sexytimes.

Quote | Reply
Chamois Butt'r (original) and the 'Her version.
No tingly menthol in either of those (generally considered to be "Eurostyle.")
I use on body and and shorts pad, which works extremely well.
I have some samples if you want to PM me your address.
Karen

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply