Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can you really lose weight with Nutrisystem?
Quote | Reply
Well, summer’s almost over, still can’t fit into my bikinis which is really a total drag, still want to do something about it but I’ve tried Jenny Craig and here I am, overweight again, can stand to lose 20 lbs.

A friend and I were going to do Nutrisystem, ads make it look really good, she ordered a lot of food first and bad surprise!! It’s totally rank, the cardboard probably tastes better, looks so tasty on the website, big lie.

Then I read about a meal replacement called NuLean, and the one thing they tell you to avoid, processed foods full of preservatives and crap, is what Nutrisystem and the other prepared foods are all about.

Gee, didn’t I get fat from eating too much fast food?? If anyone has any personal experience with NuLean give a shout want to hear about it before I try it, check out the site http://www.nulean-nutrisystem.com.

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Can you really lose weight with Nutrisystem? [infradoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't do nutrisystem, its totally gross! Eat REAL food! Especially if you do not have much to lose, you will most likely not even lose weight with it. I have tried the food and it is absolutely disgusting - anything with a 5 year shelf life is scary.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skip the fad diets, meal replacements and fast food. Eat real food. Count your calories. Smaller portions. Lots of fresh vegetables.

When all is said and done ... Eat less, exercise more. It works.

No charge.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year at this time I was 25 pounds overweight. In late December I started a weight lifting program (3x a week) and I ran (3-5x a week). I restricted my food intact (MODERATELY) and here I am one year later and 25 pounds lighter. It took a year but those are 25 pounds I know I'll never see again.

Please re-think the 'quick' 'fad' type diets and commit to the long haul. It's healthier for you and it's worth it; especially when you see your body transform before your very eyes.

Best of luck.
Leslie

Quote | Reply
if you look down the list, there's another post called "can you really lose weight with the acai berry?" that uses the exact same phrasing as this one. it's spam, and the OP will never read these comments.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
a geez......I should have realized.....stupid spammers!

Quote | Reply
Even though it was just a spammer... you motivated me as I'm just getting back into doing weights + running and feeling in a slump... I know it will work.. it's the only thing that's worked for me before, but I've been feeling discouraged, expecting great results overnight. Thank you for your post!
Quote Reply
Re: Can you really lose weight with Nutrisystem? [RunMomRun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i got suckered with the last one, and copy+pasted a huge amount of info i've amassed. figured it'd be there for search results, anyway! :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
one of my business clients used this for 5 months and lost over 40 lbs and regained it all as soon as he stopped starving himself... as other have said not a smart move- good marketing etc- but moderation is the key to successful wt lose. not Berries or cardboard food. Hope this helps.

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't know if you have an I-Phone but if you do, they have a great app called Lose It! you can track all of your calories and workouts + weight every day. passed it along to a friend who's lose 53lbs in about 6 months. he swears by it. he eats less, more healthy, and does 2 work outs a day; a weight workout in the AM and :30 minutes of cardio after work.

don
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no experience with Nutrisystem but losing weight is really not that difficult as long as you stick to a certain number of rules and remember that:

1)In order to lose weight you need a negative caloric balance. That means that you have to consume less calories than your body utilizes.

2) The body requires more energy to maintain muscle mass vs. fat mass. Increasing muscle mass contributes to an increase in the amount of calories your body requires (and can help you lose weight)

3) Reading Nutrition facts is not difficult. You can easily track how many calories you consume per day. Keep in mind that even the calories on the box of any given food can be off by up to 20%. So keep that in mind. If you don't lose weight with x amount of calories you might want to decrease your caloric intake a bit more

4) Don't consume too little calories as your body requires a certain number of calories to function. Consuming too little calories can cause your body to start breaking down muscle mass for energy. Reducing your muscle mass will reduce your basic caloric need per day which is counterproductive to your goal of losing weight.

5) Don't cut out too many carbohydrates. If you starve your body of CHO you might lose weight quickly, but much of it is to be attributed to the fact that you starve your body of crucial energy. You deplete your muscle's glycogen stores and that will significantly lower your weight. You'll put that "weight" all back once you start eating regularly. Losing that type of weight is not equal to losing fat...but people buy into the low car diet while enriching those companies that put you on such a diet. Also remember that your brain requires glucose (carb.) in order to function.

6) Remember that fat contains the most calories per gram (9) while carbohydrates and protein each contribute 4Calories of energy per gram. Don't forget about alcohol which is calorie dense with 7Calories per gram.

7) Consuming 200calories through a beverage is much quicker and leaves you less satisfied than consuming an equal amount of calories from food. Even healthy drinks such as fresh juice is "high on calories" and a couple glasses of it can easily put you in positive caloric balance territory by the end of the day. I personally wouldn't go for any liquids that are labeled "diet" and consist of artificial sweeteners such as sucralose, aspartame, etc.

8) Don't buy into the exercising in the "fat burning zone". While it is true that a greater percentage of calories burned come from fat sources at a lower intensity, you burn more calories and with that reach your goal of losing weight quicker through higher intensity exercise (given that the time you exercise remains equal).

9) Don't starve yourself during exercise. No need to be going on a long ride without proper nutrition. People that omit supplementing with proper nutrition (and that includes Calories) during a long ride often bonk and with that they exercise at a lower intensity (=less overall calories burned during ride).

10) Keep it real. Don't expect to lose too much weight in too short of a period of time. Reduce your caloric intake, increase exercise, and if you don't lose enough (e.g 2-3lbs per week) you can continue to reduce caloric intake. And keep in mind that nutritional facts can be off by as much as 20%. Diluting your juices with just a bit of water is an easy way to cut some extra calories out of your diet.

good luck with your spam ;)

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Last edited by: Mito Chondria: Sep 20, 09 16:23
Quote Reply