Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can't race because of pregnancy...
Quote | Reply
Do any of you ladies know what happens if you register for am IM event and end up not being able to race because you end up getting pregnant? Are you just SOL? Or is there any chance of reimbursement/roll-over? As far as I know, that's never one of the 'FAQs' on their sites... :P
Quote Reply
Re: Can't race because of pregnancy... [tlmanella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure your SOL. If you can withdraw by the specified withdrawl date you can get back $150 (I think that's the right amount you get back), but they don't care if your pregnant, broken leg or out of shape. Congrats though!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Can't race because of pregnancy... [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, don't congratulate me yet... we're just trying... and believe me, it's a mental tug-of-war! I really want to do another IM next season, but I also really want to have a baby. My training partner is prego now, due in November. I don't want to be that far behind her! As ridiculous as it sounds (although, if you're on a tri-forum, it probably doesn't seem that ridiculous), I am trying to fit it all in a 'schedule'! AHHHH!!! I guess I will just roll with it and see what happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat! But I kinda put things on hold for summer, thinking for sure I'd either be at the end of the pregnancy or getting close, but nope. Nada, nothing. I finally said F#%&-It. Sign me up! Got some running races this summer, and IM AZ 09 for us. I have until November to save myself $500 bucks, but after a year, I'm not counting on it! Bring on the Swim-Bike-Run-Bedroom workouts!!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your SOL. I emailed them about it and they responded that there's no refund or roll over. And I'm pregnant this summer so I'm glad I didn't take the chance and fork over the cash.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sucks that you're SOL money wise - but I've heard that signing up for a race you really want to do almost guarantees you'll get pregnant. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a $75 refund policy if you drop out before a certain date for 70.3, and I think it's $150 for an IM event.

I also tried to become pregnant on a particular month (I thought it would arrived right after IMLP, so I could race at the end of 08 season), but it took 6 months before I got pregnant. We were at the point where we told ourselves: "Well, it could take more than 1 year, so let's train and have a good 2008 full season." I signed up for FL 70.3 at the end of January (just before it was sold out), and planned to get a spot for IMC or IMLP. I became pregnant at the same time...and I'm still waiting for my refund, but I expect to receive it soon.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Can't race because of pregnancy... [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like registering is the sure fire way to knocked up! Thanks ladies!!!
Quote Reply