Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bunion Pain - Cycling Shoe
Quote | Reply
Hi all, I'm dealing with a bunion that is starting to ache after cycling in my current shoes. I'm wearing the Louis Garneau Tri X Speed from a few years ago. It's a women's size 37. My road shoes are also Louis Garneau size 37, but I don't recall the model. Does anyone deal with this issue? Which triathlon and road shoes do you use? I'm thinking of going with a bigger size in the same triathlon shoe but adding an orthotic. Would a men's shoe be a bit wider in the toe box? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Bunion Pain - Cycling Shoe [pippi63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have you tried the gel-like toe spacers? a wider shoe might help too, but putting the toe in a different position might also help.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have osteoarthritis (hallux limitus) in both feet, and wear the same size as you, which is often hard to find. I can't wear anything with a velcro strap over the toe joint anymore. I have a pair of Bont zeros (they have wide toe box) and a pair of Fizik transrios (cloth toe box), both of which are mostly comfortable, if pricy (wait for discounts).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might try Lake Cycling shoes, as they make several models in wide to accommodate the bunion.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply