Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Braless
Quote | Reply
Now that my breasts have shrunk to less than A cup through training, I am thinking of racing in a trisuit without a bra this weekend (indoor pool). Heck, most men have larger chests than I do! Although many of my fellow triathlete women are also similarly flat, it seems that everyone wears a sports bra under their trisuits. Is it really necessary? Does anyone else (nearly flat chested) go braless and was it a problem?

I am concerned that my sports bra will not dry during the race, making me colder in the expected 17C high for the race, sucking up my body heat.

I bought a Sugoi swim bra to wear underneath, but I know that swimsuits don't exactly dry quickly. I also have a thin Champion sports bra. I'm not crazy about the idea of showing the outline my nipples under the black fabric, but the idea of biking and running with a soaking wet bra is repulsive. Previously I've worn a Descente trisuit with a built in bra, but it pretty much looked like I was naked with fuschia body paint and a band underneath my breasts. The extra fabric really didn't do much for coverage or support.
Quote Reply
Re: Braless [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I didn't need a bra, I certainly wouldn't wear one. I think the black would camoflage most nip show through.

I think your rationale is sound, you probably will be cold in a wet bra. I ditch the sweaty sports bra as soon as I'm done running or riding as the chill factor sets in so quickly.

Good luck this weekend!

(I wonder how many guys will view this post in hopes of photos.)
Quote Reply
Re: Braless [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for replying so quickly, QRgirl, and for your help. Yeah, before posting this question, I was worried that some men would write in with the usual comments like, "Hey babe, I'm all for braless women in trisuits" or other helpful hints like that. I've always found it weird that men troll the women's forum.

I can't be the only woman who has lost her breasts to the cause! I'm not complaining--I think I'm faster without the aero impediments. I just wish I hadn't just bought a bunch of new bras before losing the weight because now if my bra cups get dented from an errant elbow, they stay that way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do all races in just my swimsuit and am fine without a bra.

a hint: bodyglide on nipples so you don't chafe there.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a lot of women who race in just a swimsuit. But I'm guessing most of those are lined so they don't show through. I've seen a couple women race in just a trisuit w/o built in bra. Most of those are show through. No matter how dark they are. The fabric is just thin.

As for the bra sucking away your body heat, it might not dry, but it will warm up. And the extra layer might actually keep you warmer, as it will keep some of the wind from hitting your skin.

I'd skip a cotton bra, but one of a moisture wicking material shouldn't really be a problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Braless [PirateGirl and tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, PirateGirl and tigerchik for the advice. The material of my Sugoi Velocity Trisuit is not lined, paper thin and black. You can see the shape of my nipples, but that's it. I don't think I need to worry about chafing as the material seems to cling.

Went for a ride this morning 8:20 am with just a shirt and shorts and I was sweating so I might be fine with only the trisuit. Expected high tomorrow is 17C (62F), but overcast. I start racing at 10:40.

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Re: Braless [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(I wonder how many guys will view this post in hopes of photos.)

Count me as one.
Quote Reply
Re: Braless [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be sure to post-race victory photos with a zoom on my breast area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you. That is much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well my in my opinion...

I was worried that some men would write in with the usual comments ....

...never mind. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can get away with it then enjoy the freedom! In the one Ironman I have done I wore a bright yellow running bra top that apparently was a little see-through when wet. I couldn't believe the number of gaping men, I mean come on, I am an A cup. It was a little distracting watching the guys running toward me blatantly staring at my mini-rack. Dudes?! I barely bounce, what are you looking at?

I have a friend who wears a swimming suit in sprint triathlon as an incentive to run faster so people can't stare at her butt for very long. Motivation comes in all forms!
Quote Reply
Re: Braless [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Erika, those were hilarious stories. The men who like to stare at "mini racks" must really be starved or have excessive testosterone.

I didn't notice anyone looking at my mini rack, thank goodness, but I truly am nearly flat. When I go to the swimming pool, I see men with much larger breasts than mine. If they can go braless, so can I.

So I finished my first Olympic triathlon and was very happy with the result, but sadly there will be no victory pics for Scott_B as I came 4th in my AG. There were definitely no chafing issues (nothing to bounce). It was not cold enough to require the warmth of a bra or to worry about the wetness chilling me. In fact, my entire back mesh was soaked at the end of the race and remained wet and I wasn't cold at all. Twas definitely the right decision to forget the bra.

Thanks to all (women) who wrote in with helpful advice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You promised pics. What a tease :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Braless [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You promised pics. What a tease :-)

Let it go. You're not funny.
Quote Reply
Re: Braless [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reply to:
If you can get away with it then enjoy the freedom! In the one Ironman I have done I wore a bright yellow running bra top that apparently was a little see-through when wet. I couldn't believe the number of gaping men, I mean come on, I am an A cup. It was a little distracting watching the guys running toward me blatantly staring at my mini-rack. Dudes?! I barely bounce, what are you looking at?

I have a friend who wears a swimming suit in sprint triathlon as an incentive to run faster so people can't stare at her butt for very long. Motivation comes in all forms!

Come on, if a guy was running in Bright Yellow Tri Shorts and the outline of his wang was totally visible, you would stare. Probably not because you were "turned on" but because you were wondering if the guy was wearing bright, opaque colors to show off his "parts." And it would not matter if it was thimble sized or bigger than your arm. You would still look.
Quote Reply
Re: Braless [timboricki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I have to disagree with you, timboricki. I would not stare at a man's wang, even if he was wearing a see through bright yellow number. Seeing his wang would not interest me, and in fact, I would avoid looking at it, no matter how big or small it was. I am quite certain that all the women on ST would agree with me.

Dude, staring is not quite the same as looking the other way.

I don't think you'll find many sites dedicated to pictures of wangs, unless they were aimed at gay men, whereas I am sure you will find plenty of sites for hetero men depicting bosoms. Women are not fixated on wangs the same way that men are fixated on breasts. It's a fact, jack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could not have put it better myself!

And for the OP, yes i raced IMC last year braless and it was fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Braless [dirtyharri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Men are different then women. Women may not look at a guy in transparent shorts, but if you go around braless then men are going to look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am quite certain that all the women on ST would agree with me.

a strange silence from the womens.....

Quote Reply
Re: Braless [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't been paying attention to this thread, but - I'd look. Man, woman, if they're wearing something transparent, I'd look. How can you not? It wouldn't necessarily be a sexual thing so much as a 'WOW SEE-THROUGH' thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Braless [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's human nature...and fun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess we can just agree that men and women are just very different.
I would say that I am as straight a guy as there is out there and if some guy came jogging by me in bright yellow shorts with his package visible to the world, I would look at it. Maybe I would not stare, but I would certainly look.
Quote Reply
Re: Braless [timboricki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Come on, if a guy was running in Bright Yellow Tri Shorts and the outline of his wang was totally visible, you would stare. Probably not because you were "turned on" but because you were wondering if the guy was wearing bright, opaque colors to show off his "parts." And it would not matter if it was thimble sized or bigger than your arm. You would still look.

If a guy was wearing Bright Yellow/Transparent Tri Shorts and washing the dishes or doing the laundry or cleaning my bike for that matter, I would stare AND fall totally in lust with him ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Braless [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right, Cassie. If a transparent package man was vacuuming or doing dishes, I would also be severely in lust with him.

My husband is my wrench, so maybe next time I'll ask him to wear some see through pants when he's working on my bikes to put a little pep into our marriage. I can then get some popcorn and set up a lawn chair and watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My husband is my wrench, so maybe next time I'll ask him to wear some see through pants when he's working on my bikes to put a little pep into our marriage. I can then get some popcorn and set up a lawn chair and watch.

you should also make a video for the rest of us... ;)
Quote Reply

Prev Next