Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blogging Protocol
Quote | Reply
So I am starting a blog (although it's more to satisfy the future grandparents who can not seem to learn enough about their future grandchild no matter how much we call or email with details). So most of the blogs I read are for female triathletes, most of whom I've never met but feel like I know because I read their blogs. Is it weird to link to someone's blog if you don't actually know them? Would I be like a stalker blogger if I linked to people I don't know?
Quote Reply
Re: Blogging Protocol [snotrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People link to my blog that I don't know. If you feel strongly about it, you might give them an email saying you enjoy their blog and would they mind you linking theirs to yours.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel I know some of them, too. I try to post a comment as I start following them, and the headers with it include a link to my blog, so I figure that is my way to say hi and introduce myself. It is then up to them if they are interested back.

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think it's weird. I think it is ok in the blogger world to link to anyone that you like.

:-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Blogging Protocol [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, once I get back on a computer where I can access my own blog and others blogs (I can access slowtwitch at work but very few blogs - strange I think) I'm going to start linking away. Some of you are already linked (I added a link to yours Jodi - reading what you go through to train while in med school makes being a lawyer seem easy).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some blogs I've linked to mine I've asked the writer whereas ones for the more famous people (e.g. Simon Whitfield) I didn't bother.

Feel free to comment on other people's blog posts too. Most people love the recognition, at least I do, and they're more likely to read your blog and comment back.
Quote Reply