Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Birthing Classes
Quote | Reply
Just wondering with all of the other pregnant women out there and especially those of you have already gone through it all, would you recommend taking a specific class? Did you do the research on your own and feel like you had the birth you wanted? I am feeling very torn with taking a class or not - it seems that there is so much covered in the class that I already know and is pretty basic. I also know that is a lot of other stuff that I don't know but can I get alot of it from reading and talking with others?...any thoughts opinions would be so helpful!
Quote Reply
Re: Birthing Classes [byrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a nurse, I felt like I didn't need the classes. BUT I felt like my husband needed it, so we did a one afternoon class. I think it was helpful for him, and if nothing else, it prepared him for my extreme pissy-ness. So if there's an SO involved in your birthing process, it might be worth it for them!
Quote Reply
Re: Birthing Classes [Coyote] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on Coyote. I didn't need it (I'm not a nurse)...the husband was enlightened.

Quote | Reply
Great suggestion on the one day class. I didn't even think to look into that. I think that definitely the direction I will head as I feel like 12 weeks would just be so much repeat of what my husband and I already know. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is our first baby and we are taking a 1/2 day class - for me to see the hospital, get an idea of what is standard and what I want to opt out of, some for the hubby to get a grip on what his role is and what to expect a bit. Lucky for us, that's the only class available (without having to drive 2 hours or longer), so we'll take what we can get. Gotta love small towns...

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't take a birthing class. I am pretty laid back, though. While I was pregnant I did watch a lot of TLC's "A Baby Story." :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Birthing Classes [#20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My husband and I did a tour of the birthing center (which is entirely separate from a class) and then watched a childbirth class video that I bought on ebay for about $20. We liked the video and were glad that we could watch is when we felt like it. I think it helped both of us, but ironically we never bothered watching the last section on c-sections that is what I ended up having after 30hrs of labor.
Quote Reply