Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike suggestions for wife?
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a Tri bike, but with some extra comfort like a road bike.
She got back into Tri's last year and used her Giant OCR-CW. She was looking for some thing a little more aggressive…
She had a Klein Tri back in the late 90's that really beat her up to the point that she gave up the Tri bikes.

Thanks
Last edited by: ebelgee: Mar 22, 14 7:40
Quote Reply
Re: Bike suggestions for wife? [ebelgee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No expert here.
But don't position/fit, saddle, wheels, tires/pressure play a large role?

My experience:
I used to ride a P3. It was a great bike. Never cared for it. Tried many many different saddles. Never cared for it. Was expertly fit. Never cared for it.
I sold it and now ride a Speed Concept, stock. Love it. Was grabbing it over my road bike. True love.
Don't know that the SC has any "extra comfort". I think I prefer a shorter reach, or better said a longer stem to achieve my reach. Shrug.
No expert here.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike suggestions for wife? [ebelgee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have her test ride a bunch of bikes... let her pick the one she feels great on.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Bike suggestions for wife? [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RockyMtnChic wrote:
Have her test ride a bunch of bikes... let her pick the one she feels great on.

+1

She needs to find a bike that fits her well. That Klein tri bike was probably aluminum and very stiff. Those bikes were notoriously uncomfortable. Today's tri bikes ride and feel very different from the time trial bikes around in the late 90s as the geometry and frame materials have changed alot over the last 20 years.

So go shop around and try a bunch of different bikes. It's so much fun to look at bikes!
Quote Reply