Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike shorts with chamois sized to the short - update
Quote | Reply
I'm on a quest for a pair of cycling shorts that does not have a "One size fits all" chamois. I'm sick of putting on medium shorts to find the seat bone padding riding up so high that it covers my bumcrack! Seriously...Pear Izumi. Stop.

I stumbled upon a short the other day on the web that stated "Chamois size corresponds to each short size" HOLY HELL!!!

But now I can't find it. :-(

Anyone know of a cycling short company that actually uses a chamois based on the size of the short and not just a One size fits all?

Thanks!

Denise
Last edited by: MrsTiki: Feb 5, 15 13:04
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with chamois sized to the short [MrsTiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Denise...I can't say that I have read that anywhere, however I stumbled upon DHB (the brand that Wiggle produce) bib and braces and now don't like to wear anything else. I wear the extra small womens and I don't have any problems with the chamois at all. Good luck. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with chamois sized to the short [Mr + Mrs C.C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that...I'll check 'em out.

Denise
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with chamois sized to the short [MrsTiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear Coeur shorts exclusively now because of the very simple and completely seam-free chamois. I was a brand ambassador for them last season, but this year I am not but I still wear their product!

Patti

Patti in NJ
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with chamois sized to the short [PattiTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've looked at Couer but I need something more than just the fleece liner for 5 back to back 8-10 hour rides. Some folks can handle it...my bits cannot. :-)

Thanks though!

Denise
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with chamois sized to the short - update [MrsTiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well...for anyone that is looking for the same sort of chamois for longer distance back-to-back rides, I may have found a good alternative!

After spending nearly $1000 on different shorts from Team Estrogen and Terry Cycling, (everything from Assos to Bella) I've returned them all but 2 pairs:

1. Gore 2014 Oxygen Lady Short - chamois is NOT the standard hourglass cut. First pair of shorts I've ever worn where the sit bone padding is actually (gasp!) under my sit bones. A little bulky in the inner thigh. But it was on sale and it's a nice change up between very long back-to-back rides.

2. My new Favorites! Louis Garneau 2015 Neo Power Short - for $110 they weren't the most expensive shorts I tried (the Gore Xenon for $180 was! Couldn't justify the cost for those - at ALL), but they were the best fitting. The chamois on the 2015 short is their:
  • Motion Airgel Chamois with perforated gel inserts and B.E.M. (Beveled Edge Molding); a high-density perforated memory foam, beveled at edges to eliminate drastic drops of heights for a smooth transition and no pinching or chafing

This is exactly why I tried them. The edges on the standard chamois is what does me in. And this new chamois immediately relieved that hot spot. Even after a very hard, hilly, 3 hours in the saddle on a hot day, no issues. Usually, after 45 min on the other designs, I can feel it pretty bad.

The other thing I like about these shorts is the funky vent in the rear of the chamois! Sounds silly, but it actually does make a difference! Not only in airflow, but it allows the chamois to move to your shape better. And the gel pads under the sit bones were perfectly placed and didn't shift around.

Waist band - fantastic! Tiny pocket on right leg....forgetful. Length - very long! Clear down to the bottom of my quads just a few inches above my knee. Compressive and comfortable - NO LEG BAND!

They do come in a shorter version too.

Thumbs up on these! I've ordered another pair so now I have a pair to rotate in just a bit during training.

Hope this helps if anyone is looking. :-)

Denise
Quote Reply