Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike shorts with a thin pad.. Recommendations?
Quote | Reply
Morning everyone,

The wife is the market for a new pair of bike shorts after finding out that she is much more comfortable wearing tri shorts with a thin chamois..

Do any of you out there have any recommendations of shorts (preferably, but not exclusively bibs) with a thin pad? Or would it just be best to throw on a tri suit?

Guess were getting id of those castelli body paint shorts I jus got her :( lol

Thanks for your opinions in advance

Adam
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with a thin pad.. Recommendations? [AdamG1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Sugoi's padding in their tri shorts. It's thin, but it's in just the right spot.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the voler diamante (women's) pad is quite thin, but very comfortable for me. comes in bibs, too! all of the products at the following link use the diamante pad:

http://www.voler.com/...AMANTE&Encoded=Y

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I ride in the 2xu shorts and the pad is very thin. They work well for me, but it is such a personal preference item.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeSoto Forza shorts have a very thin pad. I think it's the same pad most of their tri shorts have (except 400 mile shorts)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like zoot tri shorts they have the best chamois. I have raced 5 iron mans in these ,with butt cream ,you get of the bike feeling like you haven't left your fanny on the seat ..Rosie from down under
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with a thin pad.. Recommendations? [ironpo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the Zoot shorts too and they come in different lengths. Right now I have Tyr tri shorts which also don't have a lot of padding but they are not quite as comfy as the Zoot.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with a thin pad.. Recommendations? [runninginaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot for your feedback guys. Enough to think about and shop for now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try looking at the Sugoi shorts. I have a pair that have a thin pad that is very comfortable.

Quote | Reply
I just bought a kit from soas and LOVED it. I wore it for the first time in a 70.3 and didn't have any chafing or sore spots at all. I also really like zoot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desoto 400 mile bike shorts are designed to be worn in a tri- it has a pad that floats. i've used it in ironman and love it! good luck:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I third the rec for the zoot tri shorts. The pad is very thin but really comfortable. I used to love the TYRs, but I just bought a new pair, and I feel like the pad is now too wide and chafes when I run. I'm gonna be racing in the Zoots from now on.

For straight cycling shorts (as opposed to tri shorts), I LOVE the SheBeest shorts, especially the Nirvana style. I also thought I preferred tri shorts until I found these, but now I wear these on all my long rides. There's that little bit of extra padding that you really appreciate having at mile 80-100, but the pad doesn't feel like wearing a diaper and it doesn't weigh you down. They can be a little hard to find, but I buy mine from Team Estrogen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitley DeSoto, they have two types of shorts thatv you can choose from. All the tri shorts have thin pads, you can go wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AdamG1980 wrote:
Morning everyone,

The wife is the market for a new pair of bike shorts after finding out that she is much more comfortable wearing tri shorts with a thin chamois..

Do any of you out there have any recommendations of shorts (preferably, but not exclusively bibs) with a thin pad? Or would it just be best to throw on a tri suit?

Guess were getting id of those castelli body paint shorts I jus got her :( lol

Thanks for your opinions in advance

Adam

My Pearl Izumi tri shorts have a thin flexible pad... I like'm :)

I am an avid cyclist who is also the co-owner and buyer for Low Country Multisport a performance specific F.I.S.T. certified fit studio and repair shop in the beautiful Lowcountry of South Carolina. And, I just happen to be married to a retired Marine who is completely addicted to the iron distance. "lord help my wallet!!"
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with a thin pad.. Recommendations? [KJA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently found soas company and would love to get them, but I am not sure if the soas kit you bought, how are the legs, do they have elastic or fitted? I tend to have larger legs and unless its elastic, I guess I can't wear them.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with a thin pad.. Recommendations? [jewels_nyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! They are elastic w/ a rubber grip strip (not sure what the technical term for this is) around the inside to keep them in place.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with a thin pad.. Recommendations? [KJA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks... I tried on a pair of tri shorts last weekend, not Soas and then realized the legs didn't stretch and I couldn't put them on, so that brand did not work for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  Just picked up a pr of Pearl Izumi tri shorts, seem nice.

🐾
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with a thin pad.. Recommendations? [wawaski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This season I bought Sugoi Tri Shorts for Half IM racing. VERY comfy, smooth non chafing thin blue pad, well chosen stitching in the right places. Pocket on side for gel and smaller inner pocket in front for GPS, keys etc. Very comfy good fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with a thin pad.. Recommendations? [pooter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with the Sugio recommendation... I also like my Zoot Trifit and LG shorts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x5 (or 6; I've lost count) on Sugoi. Love their tri shorts. Thin pad. Enough elastic in the legs that they don't move around, but not so much that you feel the elastic is there. Several different lengths to choose from. I, personally, like more padding on long rides, but they're great for racing, and if your wife prefers thin padding for training rides, these will fit her needs.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts with a thin pad.. Recommendations? [IronMandie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronMandie wrote:
Definitley DeSoto, they have two types of shorts thatv you can choose from. All the tri shorts have thin pads, you can go wrong.

Another vote for DeSoto.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply