Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Shoe Recommendations
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for new bike shoes (considering that after a year and a half of riding without socks, my old shoes are *rank*) and I'm hoping y'all have some suggestions/thoughts about what's out there right now. I am kind of leaning toward shoes with moldable bottoms (like the Bonts) because I have neuromas in both feet and I'm hoping that I can alleviate some pressure that way, but I'm open to anything. Considering how many hours I will be spending in these shoes, I'm much more worried about comfort, fit, durability and coolness during the summer than I am about price.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shoe Recommendations [NYCLauren] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Lauren I have Morton's nueroma in both feet. I cycle in Sidi's. I have to look for shoes that DON"T have a carbon sole. I had a pair of Shimano tri shoes and the upper was fantastic, but the carbon sole is unforgiving. When you have MN you need a sole that has some give so you don't get the pressure during long rides. I have SIDI Dynamics and SIDI T1's.

Good luck.

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are in search of some cool shoes for your bike ride then go for simplyrun website. They have some cool running shoes with them. Take a look at it.

http://www.simplyrun.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shoe Recommendations [Mr + Mrs C.C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for this reply! I've actually been riding in Shimanos and it never occurred to me that the carbon soles could make the pain worse. You may have (hopefully) just rescued me from my foot pain/numbness misery!

Mr + Mrs C.C. wrote:
Hi Lauren I have Morton's nueroma in both feet. I cycle in Sidi's. I have to look for shoes that DON"T have a carbon sole. I had a pair of Shimano tri shoes and the upper was fantastic, but the carbon sole is unforgiving. When you have MN you need a sole that has some give so you don't get the pressure during long rides. I have SIDI Dynamics and SIDI T1's.

Good luck.

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another one here with NM. Two "modifications" I made to my specialized tri vent shoe were to replace the insole with a softer running insole with a metatarsal pad, and stretched out the toe box to make it wider.

Interesting observation about the carbon sole. I know there's been some research on increased stiffness of carbon soles and knee issues, but had not thought about the NM issue.

I've also thought that a mid-foot cleat would help, but haven't tried modifying a shoe yet for that purpose.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shoe Recommendations [Mr + Mrs C.C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the info. on mn.. where did you get the sidi dynamics? i have the same annoying problem, but in one foot. i don't know how you deal with two...thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I love my Specialized Trivents, very comfortable.

You could try insering the moldable soles they sell for running shoes if the cycling shoes you chose don't have the moldable soles like Bont.
Quote Reply