Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Biggest bang for the buck w/Lunch-Time training: run or bike (trainer)?
Quote | Reply
OK I have 5 weekday lunchhours for training. I currently run for 3 (MWF) and ride on the trainer for the other 2 (TR). Am training for two 1/2IMs (June and July) and IMC. Should I be switching to three trainer rides until the weather gets better outside for more on-road sessions? I am currently doing no other weekly riding - will not do any more weekly until later in April, again when the weather gets better...

Thoughts? Biking is not my limiter for short course racing, but bike endurance is for longer distances.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Biggest bang for the buck w/Lunch-Time training: run or bike (trainer)? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you have a good thing going. My only thought was what if you switch it up every other week, 2 runs/3 rides then 2 rides/3 runs the next...
Quote Reply
Re: Biggest bang for the buck w/Lunch-Time training: run or bike (trainer)? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd keep the run volume up, 3x a week. If you add in the one long run and one long ride on the weekends that gives you 4 runs and 3 bikes a week. That's a nice number for both. Focus on intensity for your weekday bikes and endurance for your weekend ride.

That's how I would handle it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run now, use the trainer sessions to do intensity - vo2 max intervals and stuff - pile on the bike miles when it gets nicer in April.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Biggest bang for the buck w/Lunch-Time training: run or bike (trainer)? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx all. My trainer sessions are 1hr of intervals, high intensity, high cadence stuff, it's a hard ride. I really like the idea of switching it up week by week, that sounds like a great idea.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply