Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best aero helmet for small head
Quote | Reply
I have a petite frame and head and am looking for the best small aero helmet for my money.

Any ladies have suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Best aero helmet for small head [swimsarahtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like an appropriately sized aero helmet for any amount of money.

They're all pretty dreadful, IMO. One cast appears to be made for the outer shell, so big Matty Reed has the same size brain bucket as i do.

If there is such a thing, child-sized aero helmets might be an option.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Best aero helmet for small head [swimsarahtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have a wee head (about 21.25" and slightly oval - usually size S in any bicycle/motorcycle helmet), but the size medium giro advantage II fit me, so their small would be more like an extra small.

my S/M rudy syton is *just* small enough (with it adjusted as tight as it will go), but isn't as snug as i'd prefer - i have to keep pushing it back on my head as it will droop forward a bit.

my bell mtb helmet in size small fits perfectly, and can adjust smaller than i need, but not much bigger - makes it tough to get an earband under it sometimes.

the last helmet i bought is a louis garneau road helmet in size small, and i was very pleased that the "spiderlock elite" retention adjustment system actually had room to go both smaller (by quite a bit) and larger than i needed. maybe the rocket? or, if you want a smaller shell, perhaps the chrono?

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I just retired my Louis Garneau helmet after it wore me for a couple of years.

The inside diameter fit isn't the problem, at least for me, but the outside. If the helmet exterior was slightly larger, I'd give up my apartment and take up residence inside it.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Best aero helmet for small head [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've seen them on small people, and know exactly what you mean! i've had a major problem finding motorcycle helmets that don't make me look like a giant mushroom for the same reason - to keep costs down, they only make one shell size, then just fill in the inside to make it fit smaller heads. bastards.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I have a petite head and I just got my hands of the Lazer Tardiz size Small/Medium. It fit's like a dream and even fits my ponytail!
Quote Reply