Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best TT bike saddle for "outies"
Quote | Reply
I seriously NEED a new saddle. Currently riding the stock saddle from QR and anything over 45 minutes, I am suffering big time.

Saddles suggestions for "outies" and the aero position, please!

#helpmestopsuffering #awkwardconvoatthebikeshop #manquestions
Quote Reply
Re: Best TT bike saddle for "outies" [Phunctional] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will be your own journey, I'm afraid, but I wanted to say I tested saddles from http://www.sportfit-lab.com/ and found that easy and pretty convenient, assuming you're willing to swap them out yourself and change the post height and saddle fore/aft to make reasonable testing out of it.

Once settling in on the power arc (specialized) I got a refitting done locally (Cadence Cycling in Manayuck with Brady) and have been happy thus far, though haven't yet put in huge miles.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Best TT bike saddle for "outies" [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing that link. It’s overwhelming to know where to start. Glad I stumbled across this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Best TT bike saddle for "outies" [Phunctional] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello there.
After 2,000 bike fits over 15yrs, here is my Saddle Dictum:

The #1 reason a saddle is uncomfortable is saddle height.

If saddle height AND fore and aft are confirmed, #2 reason is pelvic rotation. Either too much (kinda a girl thing) or not enough (non gender specific).

Reason #2.5 is sitting in the 'wrong spot' for said saddle. Related to pelvic rotation as some sit too far off the back of the saddle.

In the case of QR, the stock saddles have been traditionally the ISM split nose, a great shape for outies. However, the chamfer of said cutout may result in a pinch-point for said outie flesh, as it your junk goes into the hole and contacts the wall of the cutout.

If you have not had a Bike Fit, you should.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply