Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bangs and training
Quote | Reply
I am getting a new haircut tomorrow and would like something very different like bangs. Would this be a bad idea for biking / running? I have not had bangs since high school days in the 80s.
Quote Reply
Re: Bangs and training [Undertrained] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had bangs since before I started doing tri's. I just pull my hair back as usual and clip my bangs down (with one of those basic metal ones) on top of my head. I use a clip for my bangs when I swim too (bangs are hard to get under a swim cap). I don't have any problems. And bangs look cute when you aren't training. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are bangs the same as a fringe?? If so, I've always had a fringe and just wear a hat when I run. I've never had any problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had bangs for 15 years along with a classic bob. I never wear a hat while running and have no problems with my hair. They do look mashed down and split in the middle after cycling with the helmet, but no one's hair looks good after a helmet. They are easy and dry fast. No problems whatsoeer. Enjoy a nice change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny, I got my haircut on Wednesday and had some thick bangs cut in. I just twisted them to the side and clipped with a bobby pin. My hair is super fine and thin, so I don't need anymore muscle than a small pin.

Do it! It's a a cute and fun-funky look. I decided it was bangs or botox to hide the crevass in my forhead. Bangs are a lot cheaper ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Bangs and training [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - I will try it. I have had the same ol' long hair gong for years (with little variation on length and layering) - I am ready for a change. Plus, bangs seem to be very trendy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always had bangs and while I often want to grow them out I need them to hide the huge wrinkles/creases in my forehead. I figure I'm always going to have a barrette or two and a rubber band in while I'm exercising or wear a hat so I don't worry that much about them. The one thing I do try not to get is layers that are too short in the front. Otherwise I end up needing about 10 barrettes to keep my large amounts of hair out of my face.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, think Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction.
Quote Reply