Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BLOGS
Quote | Reply
who has one, and how to start one. Recomendations?
Quote Reply
Re: BLOGS [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Starting one is easy. http://www.blogspot.com. most of the stuff is easy to figure out.

and here's mine..

http://www.sunsafetybarbie.blogspot.com

There are a lot of links to others on mine.

My only real advice is to have a theme and stick to it. You can throw in other things from time to time, but if it's about training, make the other stuff about how it impacts your training etc.
Quote Reply
Re: BLOGS [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My only real advice is to have a theme and stick to it. You can throw in other things from time to time, but if it's about training, make the other stuff about how it impacts your training etc.

It is funny to me that this is your advice. By far, your all time best post had nothing to do with triathlon or training. The "I'm just not that into you post." was classic. Hopefully the Butterfly necklace was not from him.

On a side note, I think Frayed Laces does an excellent job of mixing it up in her blog.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is amycchow.blogspot.com

My advice is sometimes be careful what you write... especially if people in real-life (aka who you see day-to-day) read it. I've recently been verbally attacked by a few co-workers who've read it and decided they needed to set me straight. Or use it for stalker purposes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blogspot.com is the easiest to use and set up in a snap. You can check out mine, I think the link is still below on my signature!

Quote Reply
Re: BLOGS [Amstel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So we went to lunch and for a hike up Koko Crater (something I'm pretty sure I will regret on tomorrow's Hill Hell, Climb Until You See Heaven ride).

Maybe you missed the above part of that post. ;-) I know it's easy for guys to get distracted once sex is mentioned. The unstated point of the post was he was impacting my life (school and training) and I wasn't into him at all. I think most people know that relationships impact training and training impacts relationships.

And then I followed it up with a post about how the hike did impact my training.

I know I don't always stay on track in my posts, but for the most part they are triathlon related. There are some blogs out there that have no main theme at all.

And no, the butterfly necklace was not from him. Not from a romantic interest at all. A long time friend who I helped out a lot last year.
Last edited by: PirateGirl: Apr 12, 10 18:17
Quote Reply
Re: BLOGS [amy1816] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did you write that offended them?
Quote Reply
Re: BLOGS [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wrote something about how different friends have different places in my life... like work friends are friends at work, cycling friends are for training, and that i wouldn't necessarily call those friends to like, hang out on the weekends. Particularly since most of them are men in their late 30s/40s and I'm a girl in my early-mid-20s...

And then of course I have the stalker co-workers who find my blog and memorize it and regurgitate it... so that's why I say be careful what you write!!
Quote Reply