Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Awesome Yoga Website
Quote | Reply
Since it's my goal to do yoga at least once a week starting in June (yep, I'm failing miserably at this because of some killer cold and a more than just a "simple sprain"ed ankle)...I've been at least looking at yoga sites online.

I found this one: Yoga Today

Free hour long yoga classes. Every day is a new one. I haven't tried them yet (see my comment above on the lame ankle), but I watched one today (can you tell how bored I am since I'm sick and injured).

Rachel- today's session was Star Wars Yoga: Explore the unifying "force," or energy that connects all living beings. Yoga can help you recognize and develop your force within, and then it's up to you how you choose to use it. This class features Princess Neesha Zollinger exploring the Galactic connection between Yoga and Star Wars!

I wonder if Yoda does it?
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome Yoga Website [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for posting, i will check it out!

(and with you on yoga. for me, if i don't do it, my body starts to break. :P)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting that, I've been meaning to get back into yoga and this might just be the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome Yoga Website [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks for posting that, I've been meaning to get back into yoga and this might just be the way.

+1

I did yoga consistently for a while and I can sure tell the difference now. I'm tighter all over, get pain easier, etc...

I'm sure Yoda does yoga!

Do or do not. There is no try.

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am so glad you posted that. I have been visiting the site for about a year. Great classes. New every day.

Heather Sweet
http://thesweetsadventure.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's an awesome site, thanks for posting!

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey ghiagirl! i think i am going to unwind my mind today...getting close to my PCS! how is the ankle?
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome Yoga Website [ugogrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ankle seems better today (I've been taking aleve for 2 days now so I think it's just masking the pain). Have an MRI on Wednesday. wish i could run!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't tell me u fell off the trainer again! :-) are you gonna do the HIM on the 6th of July?
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome Yoga Website [ugogrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to the race, i'm swimming and biking for sure, we'll see about running, I'm water jogging this week and will try to run this weekend depending on what the MRI says.

it's gonna be ugly for sure...I've done nothing since Honu with being sick and injured and did very little between IMAZ and honu.

When's your next race? Any coming up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You would think Florida would be chock full of triathlons--but I haven't been able to find an Olympic or HIM distance race to do before Silverman...looks like I will have to travel to get in some decent races...

Any Floridia-gals know of any triathlon races this summer/fall?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha ha - I'm going to invite Sky to try some Yoda with me. Thanks for the link.

I'm narrowing down my injury & don't know if I'm ready for yoga yet.. got in 20 min of total run time today though. Hope it was a good swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome Yoga Website [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So much for your walk...

After the warm up, I ended up swimming on my own, stopping every 200-300 to catch my breath! I hate how fast you lose swimming fitness...plus it was HOT with the wetsuit on.

Not sure what I'm going to do on Thursday...I do have a bike workout on the schedule, I wanted to try Wil's 2 hour power spin trainer session, but I might not be up for that much effort just yet....and 2 hours on the road might be better for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wil's might be a good call, I could just spin instead of the pickups. Let's talk tomorrow.

Today was walk/run repeats.. half half. Knee held up, lower back did not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the link Maggs. I was wanting to respond to this sooner, but with work, running, etc. I didn't. Anyhow, I want to try the "unwind the mind" yoga set. I really need it lately instead of turning to a glass of wine after work. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a good one as well: http://eoinfinnyoga.com/

NB - he's my yogi, but I'm not getting any kickbacks form this... :p

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome Yoga Website [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is great. Cool guy, one of lululemon's first ambassadors!

http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry about your ankle and cold. As an experienced practitioner, I just wanted to point out that there is a lot of yoga that you can do that doesn't require standing or putting weight on your ankle, and will go a long way towards keeping your muscles strong while you heal. You might try taking a basic Hatha or Iyengar class. Talk to the instructor about your issues before class. A good instructor will give you modifications or alternative poses to do if they have the class do standing poses. I have taken many yoga classes where we spent the entire class on the floor. If you have the opportunity, take a restorative yoga class. There are also a lot of yoga poses that are excellent for colds.

Yogajournal.com is a good place to go for pictures and basic information on yoga poses. They also have articles on sequences that are applicable to different muscle groups. These articles can be quite helpful towards developing a solid home practice. Areas that are particularly useful to triathletes - hips, hamstrings, shoulders, knees, and any bellydown backbends to stretch and strengthen the abs.

And you are right about the Yoga Today site - it's wonderful!
Quote Reply