Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Armpit chaffing
Quote | Reply
Anyone have problems with their armpits chaffing? I use body glide - but I still end up with chaffing. Does this mean my armpits are fat? Maybe I should consider laser hair removal?

Jen

Jen Yanda
Quote Reply
Re: Armpit chaffing [Jyanda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never had any luck with body glide, regardless of the body part. I think vaseline provides significantly more protection against chafing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, it usually means that you have wide lats from swimming. I too, have had this problem on course, especially while racing. Vaseline when available, solved the problem best. 2 Toms Sportshield has worked well on wet suit chafing, but I haven't tried it yet for this area.

You might give it a try and see if it stops the chafing. Also, be careful with deodorant that you put on before racing. It ends up in different places after the swim and may also be part of the trouble. I hope this helps.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jyanda wrote:
Anyone have problems with their armpits chaffing? I use body glide - but I still end up with chaffing. Does this mean my armpits are fat? Maybe I should consider laser hair removal?

Jen

Lanacane anti friction gel.

I find it much more effective than body glide and much easier to carry. I take a contact lens case on longer runs but usually don't need it if I've applied before I go. I wax my pits but I don't know if that would make much difference as it's just behind the armpit that rubs, not in it. Don't think I need to discuss what goes on in my groin.. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Armpit chaffing [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get the chafe on my lats too. But bodyglide seems to work for me. I never knew people applied deodorant before racing - the thought never occurred to me as I figured I'm going to be stinky and sweaty anyway, so why bother with deodorant? It kind of struck me like applying make-up to work out.
On long runs, short sleeves takes care of the issue, or look for a tank with higher cut arm holes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I chafe there if I've put on some weight, but not when I'm below a certain weight. So for me, yes it means I'm 'fat'. Body glide, tri slide, Vaseline all work for me to prevent it.
Quote Reply
Re: Armpit chaffing [krclark7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
krclark7 wrote:
I've never had any luck with body glide, regardless of the body part. I think vaseline provides significantly more protection against chafing.

I have never had good luck with BodyGlide either. The Gold Bond stuff works for me for the pits -- and has the added bonus of being at my grocery store! I have also used 2Toms SportShield with success

Janyne
Quote Reply