Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arggghhhh....I need a good kick in the pants
Quote | Reply
I need a virtual kick in the ass.

I can't stop eating, I've hardly done any training since CdA and I'm in a really foul mood.

Why did I have to pick the chocolate chip muffin at Tully's this morning? I wasn't even hungry.

What is it that the only other food I've take in today are 2 protein bars.

Why and I currently drinking a Diet Coke.

Why am I being so damn pissed off at people for the last two days?

I need to chill and get my shit together. I mean seriously, this is rediculous. I've put on a couple pounds and my pants are tighter but I have no capacity to made good decisions about food or exercise.

And, I'm getting really angry at people who are acting like idiots. Nothing is rolling off my back as it usually does and I've had headed exhanges online with two different people over the last day and a half. Not like me.

Maybe a need a Xanax.

Help me ladies! Find something magical to say to me that will rescue me from myself because clearly I'm incapable of doing it myself right now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Arggghhhh....I need a good kick in the pants [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*ass kick*

I got nothin lol

Maybe you need a spa day. Yes, that's it. You need to take a FULL day at the spa. Refresh, relax. Start over. I need the same thing. And, in fact, I think I will start looking into this for after IMC. Man I have great ideas! :D

Quote | Reply
Stop whinning and get your arse in the pool. Recovery doesn't mean abstinence!

Let me know if you want more of a kick in the pants.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
*kick*!!!

how about a funny video? lots of f-bombs in it though, so don't watch at work. and a nice relaxing swim sounds like it's in order. good luck!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you know what you need and it isn't xanax. It's a good solid run, bike or swim. Probably more than one. My daughter does the same thing and then I'll finally kick her out the door for a run and she always acts so amazed at how much better she feels. She says she "forgets" how working out does that. Like Nike says "Just do it!"!!

Nor do I use punctuation in the way a child sprinkles glitter over a ribbon of glue on construction paper - Trash Talk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now and then when I feel despondent (also the times I over load on sugar), I go buy flowers, a book, a little gift for a friend. Recently I bought my neighbor a card and some chocolate and left it on her porch for after work. Just thinking about how surprised she would be made my mood lift. Little did I know she was having a horrible day and it had such meaning to her. Helping someone else always seems to be uplifting. Give it a whirl....This is just a low spot for you. I've read your other posts and you are usually very upbeat. Could be homormonal, it will pass and you will feel better.
Quote Reply
Re: Arggghhhh....I need a good kick in the pants [diva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well - I kicked ass at the pool tonight but have completely negated that by eating chocolate covered raisins, a chocolate chip protein bar, a nasty smoothie from the gym, a veggie turkey sandwich and some kamut salad. Kinda ate more calories than I burned....blech.....

More ass kicking please.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, if you keep eating like that and not training, you will look like this on your next race:

So, PUT YOUR COOKIES AND COKE DOWN AND GO FOR A RUN, NOW!!!!

How's that??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been there, done that after IMAZ-I say give yourself a deadline. I allowed myself to feel crappy and irritable for about 2 weeks (maybe 3), then I got off my ass and decided to make a change. Once you reach the deadline, knock off the sweets, overeating and bad attitude. Its all on you. Maybe there is something else going... I remember reading about some sort of 'depression-like' symptoms that athletes experience after they finish a huge race. We miss the training...the planning...the overall excitement and antocipation of our race. And after its all done, we feel ;lost'. So perhaps you should look ahead at another goal to help you focus on something other than chocolate chip muffins! :-)
I hope you find a method totake you out of your 'fitness funk'.
Quote Reply
Re: Arggghhhh....I need a good kick in the pants [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
OK, if you keep eating like that and not training, you will look like this on your next race:

So, PUT YOUR COOKIES AND COKE DOWN AND GO FOR A RUN, NOW!!!!

How's that??

But I look FANTASTIC in red!

Part of the problem is that I'm seeing a sports med doc for a chronic knee problem I have. One surgeon threatened to cut into my knee. I immeidately decided to seek a second opinion which is what this appt on Monday is. So, I can't make any race plans until I know whether I can run.

So, I'm eating like a pig. Seems like a good idea when I reach for the food....

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HEY!

YEAH YOU!

STAND STILL WILL YA?!?!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I trained up to 10 days before IMWA, I basically used my travel time as my taper, in that I didn't really have one, I just tried to rest as much as possible while travelling... If you don't want to do nothing, go for a swim or a super short easy run or whatever will keep you from killing people and freebasing sugar. Just do what feels right.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put the food and junk down now! Okay now go screw your brains out! ;)

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
om......mani......padme...... hummmmmm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would kick you in the ass, but since I don't know you, I might get arrested for assault. So, in the mean-time...

1. Put a rubber band around your wrist - when you go to grab the crappy snack or 2nd breakfast, snap yourself on the wrist as a reminder your really DON'T want that cookie. First time or 2, no big deal, pretty soon, your wrist is sore and you don't want to grab food because it hurts too much.

2. Every time you try to grab a cookie you have to do 10 push-ups or 50 sit-ups. If you eat the damn cookie anyways, or 6, you've got 50 - 300 sit-ups or 10 - 60 push-ups or whatever combo you choose.

I found out recently that exercise has become an major player in my moods. The more I exercise, the better life is in general - I feel better, look better, act better, eat better. But when I don't exercise, I'm bummed, I feel jittery (almost like I'm caffinated, but I don't drink caffeine any more), and am just plain grumpy. Food choices only exacerbates the problem. It was VERY hard to get back on the exercise bandwagon this summer (2 year hiatis in tri's, and just working out in general, (by the way was a HUGE (like 20 pound huge) mistake) that has taken a lot of time to try to correct, almost there though...). I know your are post IM AZ, but maybe signing up for a 5K run or some other short, relatively small race/event that will give you some sort of goal to sort of kick start your brain into wanting to start working out easy again. I have a very hard time when there isn't light at the end of the workout tunnel, no goal means no go for me most of the time. (Oh yeah, and the early/spring IM, thinking you have all summer to "just work out" is crap! My husband and I both got fat and lazy after CDA in 06. It sucked!)

Now back to the ass kicking - put the cookie down, get out and go for an easy jog, or a walk around a park!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there

I'm of the more gentle shove rather than kick. :-)
Two ideas - one, for working out -- find an "accountability" buddy. Seems simple, but, planning a workout with someone else is a huge motivating factor (I'm sure you know that already though). Or even a person you "bookend" with (they do that in AA) - call before a planned workout and then after. Doesn't matter HOW long OR short the plan is or even if you bail before you're "supposed" to. Wow I seem to be liking those quotes today.

Other idea, for food - although for me too that's a much harder one... maybe pick one day a week as a "free food" day. That's the day to eat whatever you want, within reason of course. If you get a craving for something you can tell yourself "okay, Friday is my free day I can put this off till then" -- and either have it then or often what will happen is you'll want something else.

I'm no expert on either strategy though - sometimes they work for me and sometimes not!! But at least it's a start...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ohhh jen!! how about a virtual hug then a virtual kick in the ass? you worked so hard getting ready for imcda and then worked long hours crewing i bet your body is just now recovering. can you talk to your coach and have him/her give you a couple of weeks of loose but structured training? your body was so used to training and getting those endorphins and now it's not sure what to do so it's asking for that yummy sugar fix. you need to get it out of it's rut but ease back into because you really have been a busy, hardcore girl this year.

now put down the cookie:)

hallie
Quote Reply
Re: Arggghhhh....I need a good kick in the pants [halliet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'm pretty hard on myself because I know how easy it is to put on weight and every year it gets harder to get it back off! I also know how much better I feel when I'm 5 - 7 lbs lighter than I am right now.

Last night I treated myself to a great haircut and lots of blonde highlights to I'm back to my aero, supershort, hair. Hopefully that will inspire me. Seemed to get me pumped up this spring and it makes me feel like an athlete for some reason.

It is a sunny day today which helps. Its been cold and cloudy so maybe the sun will help me go for a run.

Gotta figure out the food now. The idea of a free day is a great one. I've heard of people doing that but never have but I'll give it a shot and see if it helps. Horde the sweets until Friday. Of course, now I have to be sure I'm still in the -3500 calories for the week so I can drop the weight :-)

I've reached out to my coach again and will be getting in with my personal trainer to work out a weights routine. Accountability for me makes the difference when I'm in this place.

Thanks girls and guys. Its nice to have a group of like minded folks to whine to occasionally :-)

I think I'll change into my running clothes at least, then I'll at least feel silly if I don't go out. Embarassment can be a powerful motivator as well.

Jen

Quote Reply