Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anything but politics
Quote | Reply
So I've tried participating in the political discussions in the LR and started a few threads in an attempt to have a real conversation and not a finger pointing match. That just isn't possible.

So, lets talk about something else. Anything else.

Ideas?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Anything but politics [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think Lance's comeback will impact his dating life?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep! I saw you were trying really hard.
Good think we have this sanctuary (eventhough I'm a dude)
Quote Reply
Re: Anything but politics [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which twin is he dating now?

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Anything but politics [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it is getting old. No one wants to participate in a thread that isn't filled with name calling and bitching about everyone's personal politics. It is a shame because there are many interesting things going on but we aren't adult enough to talk about them.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The really sad thing is that this is only mirroring what is happening in the campaigns!! The name calling etc... I can barely listen to any part of it anymore, I start yelling at the TV or radio. Not a good thing...

On a more (maybe not so) frivolous note - someone recently told me "50 is the new 30." ... Huh? I thought 40 was the new 30, making 50 the new 40. I can live with that. But how can both 40 and 50 be the new 30? And what, then, is 30? 15? Or is my math all wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: Anything but politics [minniepearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
30's still 30, you just stay there A LOT longer. And I'd definitely say that for some 50 IS the new 30. And.... have you seen Cher & Tina Turner lately? HOLY CRAP!

Quote | Reply
Shit, I turn 40 in March, how old will I be then? Hopefully not 50.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nono, still 30.

Quote | Reply
March what? I'll be 40 on April 3. Maybe we can have a joint ST womens 40th b-day bash.

I signed up for Canada last night and don't know what bothered me more, the $570 entry fee or putting that I will be racing in the 40-44 age group.... Oy.
Quote Reply
Re: Anything but politics [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, I'd rather be 25.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me too. Wait... :)

$570 for Ironman???!? It cost me $630ish. Stupid dollar. Stupid.

Quote | Reply
Well, hey, it looks like we're all the same age. :-) I turn FIFTY (YIKES) in February. But I still think I'm somewhere between 38 and 42. Not sure which decade I'd rather be in. On the other hand, more seriously, a little, the whole age thing in our society is nuts, that's why I decided to actually TELL people (most of the time, not all) how old I am. Hehehe also I get a thrill when they say "YOU'RE WHAT?!?!?!?!"

But then I tell them, well, THIS is what 48 or 49 looks like! And if I could look anywhere remotely as good as Tina Turner does even being a heck of a lot younger than her, I'd take it!
Quote Reply
Re: Anything but politics [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
March 2nd, I'm a fishy.

Yeah, that 40 - 44 age catagory is a tough one. I'm filled out an app for a race next year and had to write down that I'd be 40. Man, that really really hurts. It isn't old, its just older....

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah but you're still 10 years away from 50! Know what you mean about those numbers. That's the freaky part, seeing it in print or having to write it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea, I'm never sure on how to take the "you look good for your age" comment. I think it's supposed to be a compliment, but I find it kind of insulting. My response is the same as yours "this is what 39 looks like."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep! I find it insulting too... B/C at bottom I think they're saying "you are OLD but aren't you lucky, you don't look it" ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I once had a server at a restaurant tell me I was "well kept." That kind of made me laugh!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahahaaaa!!! I would have laughed in his face.

My masters coach is a 17 year old kid. Suprisingly good as a coach. He is always flipping me shit about my age. What creeps me out is that I could be his mother. Ugh.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How bout you could pass for late 20's. Does that make you feel better about the look good for your age comment. Seriously... you could.

Quote | Reply
Age is all a state of mind! Next year I'll be racing in the 50-54 AG (bike racing goes by age on 12/31) and the 45-49 gals at Nats last week are FAST! The 50-54 gals are still pretty darned fast too.

And what helps? Find a nice boy toy to hang out with. ;-)

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The funny thing was it was a woman server who said it. I think she is about my age or maybe a bit older, but who knows!

Thanks cuds for the compliment :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Anything but politics [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just want to talk about the fact that Maui's a dude!! I didn't know that! Wow! I gotta hang out here more. ;)

Life is good right now for me. Kids are back in school and settling in. Fall sports has started. One daughter playing basketball with school and volleyball for a club. The other daughter also playing basketball and I'm the coach. Getting some good training in (finally) for AmZof. Cooler weather is making it easier to run. Fall is my favoite season, so I'm happy about that too.

My only bad news is that I can't visit my family in MA until US Thanksgiving. I usually go every 6 - 8 weeks, but didn't make it down all summer and now this fall is just too tough for us to swing it. I miss them.
Quote Reply
Re: Anything but politics [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I just want to talk about the fact that Maui's a dude!! I didn't know that! Wow! I gotta hang out here more. ;)
Maui better be a dude, or else I've been making inappropriate comments to a chick! hahaha :)

MAUI ROCKS!!!!! He gets an A++++ in my books. Thanks again man! (even though he put a rude pictuer on my wall on facebook... jerk lol)

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Maui better be a dude, or else I've been making inappropriate comments to a chick! hahaha :)[/quote]
Hey! I thought that was "our secret" hahaha :p

In Reply To:
MAUI ROCKS!!!!! He gets an A++++ in my books[/quote] THANK YOU!!

In Reply To:
he put a rude pictuer on my wall on facebook... jerk lol[/quote] I know, sorry. You are right, you are waaaaaaaaay hotter than that :)

Quote Reply

Prev Next