Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone use Xterra wetsuit?
Quote | Reply
So I noticed the offer for $200 off the Xterra wetsuits in the main forum and I thought that might be a good idea for my poor self. Has anyone used them at all? Happy with them? Not that I'm going to know the difference anyways, but I figure it would be good to know what others experiences have been.

Quote | Reply
I was not into the brand simply because of the branding. I finaly tried their suit and love mine - it fit "my" body perfectly.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Xterra wetsuit? [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've owned 2 XTerra suits and both of the ripped at the seams after 1 season so I won't buy one again. Blue Seventy for me from now on!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Xterra wetsuit? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had more tears in mine than I have had in my Ironman/Blue Seventy suits, too. Not at seams, but I can't imagine I all of a sudden got really rough with my wetsuit. 2 tears in about 8 wearings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had mine for 3 years. Its all I know. But I like it! No Tears for me! Just cut your fingernails! :)

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lindsey (Purse) has one and it seemed to be a fairly well made suit when I saw and handled it. I've never swum in one myself, but if it fits well I think it's a decent option.

Finding a wetsuit that fits you is the crucial part.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love mine. I did get a tear in it like some others noted, but I patched it w/ Aquaseal and there have been no problems since. Mine (Vortex) has lycra in the armpit which I think helps with the shoulder range of motion. Very comfortable suit. I recommend it.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Xterra wetsuit? [peacefrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an Xterra suit, only had it for one season so far but I love it. Plus the customer service people were really helpful. They helped me figure out the perfect size and it fits like a glove, no chaffing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got an Xterra sleeveless last year prior to Vineman and love it.

Went in expecting to get the top end sleeveless because they were having a good deal for a tri group I was with. The owner explained to me that I didn't really need the higher end wetsuit because when you have a sleeveless suit you don't need the extensive flexibility of the higher end stuff.

He was also very forth coming in that the higher end suits do tear easier than alot of suits because of the thin, very flexible material is it made of.

Based on my experience with the company and the suit I would definitely recommend one.

Quote | Reply
I have the Vortex also. I got it on end-of-season clearance at my LBS, and it was the only suit they had in my size, so I have no full suit to which I could compare it. (My previous wetsuit experience was with a borrowed "shorty.") It's harder to move my arms in a full suit than a sleeveless suit, and removing the suit's legs takes a bit of effort. Due to some extremely bad food choices in the off-season, I'm about 5-7 pounds larger than the recommended weight for the suit, and I haven't had problems with the seams splitting.

"Real winners aren't content with yesterday's victories"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an xterra and i like it...seems to be alittle tight in the neck area but otherwise a great suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Xterra Vortex is 1.5 years old and has more rips, tears and holes than I care to count. I don't have long finger nails- what happens is, if you leave any part of the rubber material touching itself, it melts together and when you pull apart, it rips a huge hole in the suit. Unfortunately, this happens to my suit during every race when I leave it in transition. It took me a few times to realize this was happening, so I guess it's avoidable, but the only other people I know who have this problem also own Xterra wetsuits. I would not recommend them because of this.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Xterra wetsuit? [alaina1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phewf, well I didn't go for the Xterra. Just got my desoto today! THANKS MAUI!