Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone use Univera?
Quote | Reply
I am dealing with an ongoing hip issue, my PT keeps recommending I use NSAID's but i'm not keen given my training volume (IMLP).
She's giving me some of these to try, it all looks good and i'm pretty open to it - juts wondering if anyone else has tried them and what results (if any) you noticed?
Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Univera? [organicolive] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never heard of it.

What's the hip issue? I had a recent case of iliopsoas tendonitis; out of running for 4mo but back at it now for 6 wks and feeling great.

Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory; I eat that like crazy. (See thread in Lavendar Room about how to make it palatable!)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Univera? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, ginger sounds good.
Univera is basically a vitamin company - they claim to be smarter than the average vitamin and have anti-inflamatory properties.
The hip issue is kind of a mystery, possibly bursitis? Possibly inflamation of the tendon capsule?
I tend to just ignore it as much as I can - maybe not so smart...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
see if they'll do an MRI so you don't have a differential diagnosis.

Correct, not so smart to ignore it. Did that... 4 mo w/o running.

I would be wary of VITAMINS having special magical properties

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
p.s. I had a ginger-lemongrass tea today that was decaf and just excellent. It is good stuff. Settled a tummyache for me.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Univera? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peppermint is also good for upset stomachs. Peppermint Lifesavers are a perfect token to have on hand at all times, not to mention the refreshing breath.
Quote Reply