Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anyone swim in Splish suits?
Quote | Reply
Just found their website and they have some super cute suits.

Do they last? Are they comfy?

Will I become as fast as Amanda Lovato if I wear one? hehe (she's sponsored by Splish)

Thanks ladies, and happy Friday!

P.S. Anyone doing Tempe International this weekend?

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone swim in Splish suits? [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't tried them yet, but asked for one of the custom ones for my birthday. It is crazy to me that you can design your own.

My question is how do people race in those? I mean an ironman bike without the padding of tri shorts seems brutal to me. Anyone tried this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Splish suits. And they don't just look good, they hold up really well. But I just swim in them - I don't bike or run in them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I swim in now are Splish suits and I was a D1 collegiate swimmer so I've tried my fair share of suits. I love how fun they are. Compared to other suits I'd give them a B on how well they hold up with consistent swimming. I personally think Speedo suits last longer but not substantially so to offset the fun factor. The only problem I have with them is that I have a very long torso and find they are almost a bit short as opposed to other swimsuit manufacturers who probably use swimmers as their fit models (swimmers typically have longer torsos). As such, I have to go with a larger size then I normally would to get it long enough so when they start to get baggy on me they get baggy quickly (which probably contributes to the B rating on how well they last). Like I said though, it's all I swim in now so I certainly do enjoy them.

As someone else noted, I only swim in them - not run or bike.

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are all I swim in as well. I won't ever go back. They're cute and they hold up well. If your order in lycra, order whatever size you would in any brand, but if you go with PBT you might want to go up a size. I'm a 32 in the PBT and a 30 in the lycra. Love them both, so I can't recommend one over the other. Also, the customer service is beyond great, Dawn is awesome!

Rachel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have had and LOVE them. They are a little chlorine addicted here, so nothing lasts too long...but thankfully some pools are going to salt water. I usually go through 2 - 3 suits a year in Speedo, Tyr, or Splish.

They are super fun and I ALWAYS get compliments on them!!

Tiger for Life -- War Eagle!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Started swimming in them this winter. Two new ones just arrived at my doorstep today. They seemed to last a lot longer than my TYR and Speedo suits that I have had before that cost the sme price or more. And they are so much cuter. I get lots of compliments on them at the pool.

I did get a little faster right after I got my last two Splish suits. I think I was ready for a breakthrough at that point, but I am hoping the new ones I got bring me some good luck and help me bring my times down some more!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are super cute. Rachel just gave me a wonder woman one that is too big for her and it might be my new favorite suit (only because the pirate one is too big for me now). It didn't come with super friends power though (well, maybe she kept those for herself), she still kicks my ass in the water.

My sister got me a custom order "Birthday Suit" for my birthday. It's light blue with a cake on the front and the words "Birthday Suit" across the butt. I haven't worn it any other time than my birthday, but might have to just to say I swam in my birthday suit. I also have a custom Christmas one that I designed that I wore all Christmas season.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone swim in Splish suits? [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey RR...so what's the difference between the Lycra and PBT in terms of quality....not sure what I have here at the house...I cut the tags out of all my suits...and I am kinda a swim suit whore...a girl can never have too many....hey if I'm going to be slow in the pool at least I'll look good...HAHA....and they are very comfy to race in, I've worn one even at the Half distance. I've made a couple of custom for me and my girls, I just need to place the order.

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone swim in Splish suits? [giddy-up-n-go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The PBT has a lot less stretch to it. It seems like it would hold up longer. That said, I've yet to have any of my splish suits fall apart, and I have both, so I can't be sure of that. Email Dawn - info@splish.com and I am sure she'll explain the difference. I think it's a matter of preference. The PBT is snugger, if you like a tight suit, and the lycra is more like the typical TYR or speedo suit, very comfy. I tend to grap the lycra if I know I'm going to be in it for a while. If you're running in it too, and you need chest support, unlike moi, you might like the PBT better.

RR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hahahahahaha...chest support...what's that? No I can figure out now which suit is which based on your description. Hope you are feeling better.

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Last edited by: giddy-up-n-go: May 16, 08 17:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on the reviews on this thread I created my own and it will be here next week sometime.

http://www.splishcustom.com/designs/show/47428

:-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone swim in Splish suits? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's so cute!

I just designed a super dorky one

http://www.splishcustom.com/designs/show/47456

It's fun to design them. How do you put in your own icons? It must be possible...

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone swim in Splish suits? [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG those both are sooo cute!!! That's it, I'm in!

Thanks for the help...

Maybe a new suit is what I need to get into with some excitement!!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have three suits from Splish and love them! One is a customs that I just got and I don't know if it's the suit but I sure had a good swim today. The customer service is outstanding and the suits last a while, longer than my TYR.

Enjoy!

J-
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone swim in Splish suits? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG, Jen - that is ADORABLE!

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone swim in Splish suits? [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! All my girlfriends are going nuts creating them. Very fun. I can't wait to get mine. I'll post a pic when I get it but not on me, I don't want to scare everyone off the list!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I think the Splish are cute, they look great on. I especially like the high-ish cut leg openings, I find that to be flattering. When I wear Splish I feel like I look feminine rather than like an East German Cyborg, which I feel like when I am squished into my Speedo.

On the downside, I have had to give up Splish because it does not support my bust after a few wearings. So I will not be buying anymore. I do use my Splish as a layering suit to keep extra warm or as a drag suit.

I have only tried the thin strap. Does anyone know, if the thick strap versions (though not nearly as cute) support the bust any better?

thanks! and enjoy your creations!!!!!

~~~~~~~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made mine at splish.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Splish suits and have 3 of them- people always think the designs are super cool and I get a lot of compliments on them!

I strictly use them for swimming only, I've never been brave enough to do a tri in one....but they seem to hold up really well despite all the exposure to chlorine, repeated washings, and being stuffed into the bottom of my gym bag. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just saw that Splish suits are in the Triathlete swimsuit issue! YEA Splish!

I just made this one:

http://www.splishcustom.com/designs/show/48475
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That one rocks.

Wear Superwoman tomorrow...I wore it today on the Northshore and got some awesome pics of me swimming over the cameraman (Dana).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw that the other day too...I love all of my splish suits (I have many)! They are excellent quality and seem to last forever. I love the idea of designing your own suit. I just wish they had the hibiscus flower graphic...that would be cool!

-----------------
http://www.konashelley.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just saw that Splish suits are in the Triathlete swimsuit issue! YEA Splish!

I just made this one:

http://www.splishcustom.com/...s/show/48475

OMG that is sooo cute!!! I'm thinking of making one to help me stay focused when I start IMAZ training "IMAZ 2009 or bust" or "Death Before DNF"

I got the pink flames one piece and have to return it for a bigger size, and am getting the Yeah Baby instead...

This is gonna be bad... I can tell :-)

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply

Prev Next