Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone going to Black Diamond next weekend (PNW)?
Quote | Reply
Just deciding on what distance to race, and how long to stay, and wondering who else will be around...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone going to Black Diamond next weekend (PNW)? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the half. We're probably going up Friday afternoon and camping through the weekend.

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone going to Black Diamond next weekend (PNW)? [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent... we might stay the Sat night then, you be up for some post-race pints/burgers?

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone going to Black Diamond next weekend (PNW)? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course!

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone going to Black Diamond next weekend (PNW)? [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
excellent.. last year we found a place that does kobe beef burgers with bacon & blue cheese.... heaven!

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
God damn it, Andy. You're just trying to rub it in my face now, aren't you?

Quote | Reply
I'll be there. It's my first HIM. We're coming up in the new RV with the pooches. Should be some trip...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought about it... and then I realized that I was tired and lazy. It's a decent race but not in the cards for this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone going to Black Diamond next weekend (PNW)? [roadie gal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you planning to camp with your RV/pooches? We're planning to camp in Kanaskat-Palmer state park, which isn't too far away with our tents and pooches, so I'm curious if we'll be neighbors. :-)

M

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Where are you planning to camp with your RV/pooches? We're planning to camp in Kanaskat-Palmer state park, which isn't too far away with our tents and pooches, so I'm curious if we'll be neighbors. :-)

M

We're going to be in South Prairie Creek RV park. I wanted somewhere that I could reserve a spot. We couldn't do that at the state park.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone going to Black Diamond next weekend (PNW)? [roadie gal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice. I found the no reservation thing vexing as well, but we're only about an hour away so we should be able to grab spots. (crosses fingers)

If we don't have a meet-up beforehand, good luck on your race!

M

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My friend Justine and I are coming from Boise. I do not think we are staying over Saturday night, but do tell me where to find said burger!

See you in transition, I'll be wearing Boise Aero's uni with a red P3.

Sue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Very nice. I found the no reservation thing vexing as well, but we're only about an hour away so we should be able to grab spots. (crosses fingers)

If we don't have a meet-up beforehand, good luck on your race!

M

You too!

I'll be the one on the black Sampson with the big old "50" on the back of my calf and the nervous look on my face.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be in my team xantusia orange tri jersey with a big tattoo on my Right calf ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't post here often, but thought I'd log on to say I'll be there Saturday. Right now I'm sick with a cold, so it could be a bust, but I'm remaining optomistic.

Yesterday I thought I was feeling better and managed a short run and swim (which felt great), but today I feel run-down and I've got a low-grade temp (which drains me completely...even the slightest of fevers wipes me out), so we'll see. I'll look for the jersey and tatoo :0).

CinDee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck to all! Bill and I are out for this race. He's got to travel for work and I'll be too pregnant to travel that far anyway. Hope to see you next year!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone going to Black Diamond next weekend (PNW)? [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Erika,

Sorry you guys won't be able to make it. I would have loved to have seen you!

M

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone going to Black Diamond next weekend (PNW)? [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aw schucks... :-( it'll have to be next year then, take care of yourself!!!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants, mdraegernyc, and sto...it was great to meet you this weekend! I loved being able to put faces to your names. I'm amazed you did the race so soon after IMC.

I hope you all had a good day. I'm glad I was able to make it as it's the last time I'll see "39" on my claf.

CinDee
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone going to Black Diamond next weekend (PNW)? [cid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CinDee, it was nice to meet you as well. How did your race go? As a fellow "last-time 39-er", I'll see you in the 40-45 AG next year!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha! I am 1 week away from 45-49 AG. Hated having to race 40-44 on Saturday!

Good to meet you guys too!

Sue
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone going to Black Diamond next weekend (PNW)? [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I didn't get to meet you guys at the race. If any of you saw the women with the collies (rough blue merle and smooth tri) that was me with the dogs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No way! I saw you a few times the day before the race and possibly race morning. GORGEOUS dogs. I've never seen a blue merle collie before, so beautiful. And they were so well-behaved. Our monsters (black labs) got to stay in the car because they would never have been able to behave themselves. Congratulations on tearing it up out there!

M

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah good to meet you all (and see Michelle again)... I unfortunately DNFed as I had two flats on the bike (one tube). By the time the second one happened, I just knew it wasn't going to be my day. I had planned to do the sprint the next day to try and redeem myself, but I chose sleep and quality time with P instead... ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AP...that's too bad. I saw you fixing one after a turn-around...oh well :0(. I think your Sunday plan was perfect!

Sto...I age up on Sunday. When's your b-day?

M...nice race report. My day went about as expected. I played it safe as I still felt a little low on energy, but I still went a bit faster than last year (swim and bike were a bit slower, run was faster so overall was faster), so no complaints.

roadie gal...I don't recall seeing the dogs. Glad you had a good race.

Again, it was great to meet people from this forum. Hopefully I'll run into you all next year sometime!

CinDee
Quote Reply